Chapter 3

sorry for the long waiting... here it is anyway, enjoy!

There might be typos and mistakes...

Chapter 3

Taylor's pov

"Taylor, can you come in?" A voice suddenly bursts into her eardrums as the area is filled with computer keyboard clicks of me organising Joe's work. I startle a bit and stare at the mirror on my desk, making sure I look alright.

I knock on the blurred glass doors and wait for a few seconds until Joe replies.

"Come in!"

"I heard you want me here, did I do something wrong or is there anything you'd like me to-?" I greet him and express my confusion.

"Taylor, you've been doing amazing, I want you to hand these files to Mr. Jones. And I need coffee here's the money for the week... I would like a hot cup of coffee every morning, so I hope you don't mind buying one for me before you arrive...Oh, and get yourself one too if you want" A smile beams across his face as he shoves forty dollars into my palm and gestures me to go.

I thank him and take those files and leave.

Forty dollars for coffee a week is too much already...

No one's pov

Taylor walks into the elevator to deliver some documents for Joe to the manager on the floors below. She stands still in the centre and dives into her thoughts.

First day mm... it has been going very well huh? I wonder how are the twins doing...are they happy? Yes they are...or-

Her thoughts are interrupted by a ding, not my floor *sighs*  In the elevator, she moves to the corner and sighs as  two girls around the same age as she walked in, too busy gossiping and didn't see her in the corner.

"I heard that the CEO hired a new assistant." One mutters.

"Tina ,is she pretty?" The other one lifts one of her brows as her lips turned downwards.

"Nah I don't know, haven't seen her yet. She's young though" The 'Tina' girl shrugs.

"Someone said that Mrs. Alwyn brought a new, really tall blonde lady to his office..." The other girl whispers into Tina's ear, but it is surely loud enough that I can hear.

"Probably a whore trying to seduce him" She mutters in disgust.

"Pretty sure everyone hates her already because she gets to be with Mr. Alwyn all the time" The other girl expresses jealousy.

The elevator arrives on their floor and they leave.

Taylor freezes at her spot, shocked at their comments about her. She knows she is not the kind of girl they talked about but those nasty words still hit her heart, she feels tears well up in her eyes but she tries her best to hold them back.

Taylor... you're not crying right now, no crybaby in the office.

Him, attractive? Well, he's cute but not when he's mad, that version of him is scary...

She takes a deep breath, calms herself and steps out the mirrored elevator doors when she arrives at the floor.

~

Back to Taylor's pov

After handing the files to Mr. Jones. I dash towards the elevator and head to the lobby. Soon I came back with a cup of coffee, though Mr Alwyn offered me to get one for myself too.