Chapter 16

Tw: Cutting, depression, blood, suicidal thoughts
For The Whole Chapter

It's been two weeks since Catra got caught. Her parents hardly gave her anything to eat and she started losing sleep. She could barely focus on the schoolwork her parents slid through the bars. She started breaking down and having panic attacks way too often.

One day her father called her over and slid a knife through the bars. He said you might need this. At first, Catra didn't understand but as time went on she had started using it.

Against her skin.

She started to cut for comfort. She had nobody else, she was all alone. She felt no reason to live, there was no Adora, no friends, no nothing. Each time, she would watch the blood spill against the floor and as time passed the cuts got bigger.

She only cut on her shoulders and at the top of her arm, where she could easily hide it with a shirt. Passing out became the norm. She liked passing out, it felt like she could escape the world for a few hours.

There would be times when she would hold the knife to her throat but she would always stop herself. She could never go through with it. She wanted to see Adora before ending herself like that.

And her parents didn't care. He liked watching her suffer like that. To him, she deserved it.

Each day Catra started shaking more and more and she pushed away the food they offered her. She would only drink water but not much. It could take her a week to finish one bottle.

She didn't know how she was alive since there would be constant times where she would cut too much in one time and pass out. When she wakes up there were always bandages on her arm.

She didn't know who was helping her and why they were helping her. She didn't deserve this person's help. She deserved to be left un bandaged. That's what her father told her, so that's what she believed.

She would have dreams about seeing Adora again but those were only fantasies.

Now a month has passed. Adora was a wreck. She hasn't seen Catra in so long and she was scared. Did she get caught? She would think, and each time she would start crying. She blamed herself for this even though it wasn't her fault.

Her friends would comfort her but it just wasn't enough. She wanted Catra back with her, she cursed herself for not asking her to stay with her. To move away from this town and live together, just the two of them. She had thought about it so much.

Oddly enough, Adora always had this feeling when she knew Catra was getting hurt. Her heart would ache and her stomach would hurt. It started happening more often and it scared her.

Who was hurting her and why?

I do not condone cutting whatsoever and if you have cut before here's the suicidal hotline. 800-273-8255