A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes II

"since last year's internship program went so successfully, HR has requested that we renew that"

Mr Shin explains, but Yoongi seems a little distracted as he toys with the edge of the papers in front of him. the V neck of his sheer white shirt opened as several delicate silver chains dangle loosely over his chest. he glances up momentarily and realizes the older man looking at him. he quickly sits up straight and tries to remember his last words.

"alright then we should do it again"

he manages to keep a collected front as his mind immediately goes back to his previous thoughts. it's been a month since his comeback to the company and also the longest he's ever been away from Yongsun. he decided to hire a Nanny, and Hoseok offered to take him for a couple of days out of the week so he could be with someone familiar until he can completely adjust.
But the problem is not Yongsun, He quickly adjusted. It's Yoongi himself. as much as he tries to focus on his work, he constantly finds his minds going back to him.

"Mr Min?"

his chain of thoughts is ripped apart by the sound of his name. he looks at Mr Shin questionably.

"i'll go sort out the details now, but your phone keeps ringing!" he points to the desk and Yoongi follows in the direction, only then hearing the sound of the ringtone.

"hi Hoseok" he asks tiredly.
"why are you not answering my calls?" Hoseok sounds annoyed. as usual.
"i just did. so what's up?" He looks up as Mr Shin leaves the room.
"are you gonna come over for dinner tonight?" Hoseok asks skeptically. Yoongi squints suspiciously as if he can see him over the line "why?"

"why? what do you mean why? your son is here so i'm gonna feed him, and i'm asking if you want food too or not? it's simple" the jitteriness in his voice rises a little and Yoongi feels alarmed.
"is everything okay Hoseok?"
"yes" his answer is short and quick making him sound even weirder.
"alright...i have to stay a little longer so i guess i eat something here"
"okay okay, drive safe" he abruptly hangs up leaving Yoongi wondering for a minute. but before he can put his phone down a text message comes through.

"Hi! :) " he looks at the unknown number that doesn't look familiar. he rarely replies to unknown numbers, only if they introduce themselves. but the smiley emoji attached at the end just gives him a feeling.

"who is this?" he types back.

"Oh! I thought you had my number! ^//^ " the reply comes quickly and now he's even more confused.

"i clearly don't. so please, introduce yourself, or stop texting me" Yoongi waits a few minutes and there's no reply. assuming the person messaging has given up he grabs his army green jacket and heads for the door. but before he can leave another text comes in.

"Alright I'll stop. But I'll give you one clue. I just wanted to say i still like coffee.."

it takes him a second for the message to settle in, but as soon as he realizes, he stops in his tracks. his heart beating a thousand times harder than before and cold sweat forming in his palms. he starts typing frantically but deletes it all. instead he dials the number and after a couple beeps there's an answer.

"hi hyung"

Yoongi leans back against the door, holding the phone to his ear. his breathing quickened as he tries to come up with words. any words at all.

"hi Jiminnie" he blurts out and inhales deeply "sorry, i didn't realize it was you"

"no no, it's okay! i thought i could tease you a little" Jimin laughs light heartedly and Yoongi feels his heart skip a beat at the soft sound. a silence falls over the line as neither one says anything but after a long minute Yoongi replies.