CHAPTER 8: HEARTBREAK ON A FULL MOON.

Start from the beginning

Alice almost choked on her sausage roll when she heard that. "Are you kidding me? Nothing at all?" She looked terribly horrified. "Not even a common kiss?"

"Note the words, "nothing serious."" Candice clarified, still facepalming with her eyes shut. "I never said we didn't smooch or we didn't do the normal caressing stuff, but we just didn't go further than all that crap. I was actually willing to get laid, but he wasn't. I even showered and came out with his short towel wrapped around my body, thinking he'd be aroused, only for me to be disappointed by his rigidity or lack of interest, rather. That dude failed me big time, I swear down."

"Maybe he's gay." Betty shrugged, dropping the purple bag on the wooden stool. "Think about it."

"Nah. Yomi is far from being gay. I can bet on that."

"I'm just saying o. After all, na this same campus we dey," Betty joked, sitting on the floor. "You know all these fine Unilag boys are not to be trusted at all sha."

Candice giggled childishly. "Well, back to the main issue: the part where I felt really stupid was when I tried to seduce him by twerking in the mirror. Una no go believe sey upon all the yansh wey I shake, this guy no even reason my matter at all. He was just using me to laugh and catch cruise like sey I be clown for him eye. Honestly, I was pained. I won't lie."

"Ha, ha, ha! That's the funniest thing I've heard all week." Betty curled up on the floor amid laughter. "Darn!"

"Chai, see disgrace," Isioma said, laughing. "I'm dead!"

"Go on, laugh all you want." Candice groaned at her friends who were all cracking up like mad people. "After all, no be una fault. Na me mess up."

When they'd all calmed down, Isioma dropped her phone on her torso and said, "Let me ask you something, Candy."

"Okey-dokey." Candice consented, opening her eyes. "Ask."

Isioma twerked her eyebrow at Candice. "Candice, do you love Yomi?"

Candice smirked instantly and laced her fingers together. "Yes, I do. Only for his money, though." She confessed bluntly. "I have bigger fishes who I roll with on a daily basis. You know that."

"Hmph! Nawa o." Isioma shook her head in pity for Yomi. "So you don't love him as a person?"

"Nah. Screw that." Candice answered, toying with her fingers. "Do I look like someone that has time for love?"

For a brief moment, Isioma was rendered speechless by Candice's question. When she couldn't come up with a proper answer for it, she said, "What you are doing is not good, Candice."

"What am I doing, hanty?"

"Taking advantage of the poor guy's feelings for you. Dammit!" Isioma complained seriously. "It's so wrong. If you're not into him, tell him straight up instead of leading him on and flexing his money. Try to imagine yourself in his shoes na. How'd you feel if someone deceived you this same way?

"Why are you now yelling at me?" Candice hissed, ignoring Isioma's question. "Is it your business?"

"Yes, for pity's sake!" Isioma slapped her forehead out of sheer annoyance. "This is somebody's emotions we are talking about here. What you are doing to him is unfair. You're just deceiving him and wasting his time and resources. Don't you have a conscience?"

Candice glared at her stubborn friend with fiery eyes. "Isioma, please free my life tonight and mind your frickin' business. I'm not in the mood for this discussion."

Isioma grunted, glancing between Alice and Betty. "So you both won't say anything, shey?" She sounded very pissed. "Just because she has given you two some stuff to eat, now your lips are totally sealed. Human beings sha. Nawa."