005. 𝗰𝗮𝗺𝗲𝗿𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗱𝗲𝘂𝗿

[backstory]

It was another cold and dry winter in Quebec, Canada. Yes, your a hard grind Canadian, alright. You are Y/N. Your best friend is Tom. You have a great life ahead of you, as because you had recently graduated from your high school, and are going to one of Canada's most high class university's. Nothing but excitement sparked from you as the days got closer. It was until a certain boy came in your life and ruined it all.

-

My fingers were curled up in my pockets as I walked down the icy street. My nose was red as a cherry, and small tears making it's way down my face.

What a great day to be Canadian.

I was on my way to my friend's house. Tom's to be exact. I was going over to his house for advice. You may ask, what advice? Advice on boys. I have mixed feelings for a certain boy named, Cameron. He just so happened to be my best friend's friend. I was going over to to ask for advice on how to explain my feelings to Cameron. I wanted to get it out of my chest before I started university. I didn't want something, or in this case, someone, to distract me.

I walked in front Tom's house. I stood on his front porch. Before I knocked, I thought will he understand? Or will he help me? I took a deep breath and told myself he is my best friend, he will be there for me.

Knock! Knock!

I patiently waited for him. The door opened. He greeted me with a confused face. "Um? Y/N? Why are you here? It's dead cold outside!" He laughed. "Look, I need help with something" I said bravely. "Ok. What is it?" He questioned me. "I am falling for Cameron and I need help revealing my feeling to him." I told him as quickly as possible, in embarrassment.

He slightly giggled when he saw my cheeks were bright red. "Some ones crushing hard!" Tom cooed at me. I scoffed. "It's cold. Are you going to help me or not. If not, I'll leave" I said sternly, telling him I'm serious.

He shrugged and let me in. I sighed happily, it was very warm and cozy.

"Let's go to my room, unless you want things not to be private" Tom said, looking over at the dining table, where his mom was sitting. I simply nodded, telling him 'yes'.

We went up to his room. I sat on his computer chair, while he sat on his bed. "Ok, here are the basics, don't smile crazily" he said. I knit my eyebrows, confused. "Why? I don't smile crazily". "You do, and it gets weird. There is no chance of him liking you, if you do that". I took a deep breath and blinked frantically.