8- Voldy is a Cool Guy

Start from the beginning

Aurora snorted at the outraged look on Hermione's face. "Yes, apparently, according to mum, he was the first person to hold me as a baby," she furrowed her eyebrows, "which now that I'm thinking about it, she gave no context whatsoever to that. It's not like he's a friend of the family or anythi-"

Harry cleared his throat.

"Right," Aurora continued, "Have you never seen him on a chocolate frog card before? He's immortal. He and Dumbledore made this rock thing that produces some sort of elixir that makes whoever drinks it immortal. And it can turn any metal into gold, I believe. Actually," she grabbed her little purse from her coat pocket and stuck her whole arm inside, digging for the right book. "Oh it's just being a menace at this point. Accio!"

She caught the book and set it down on one of the desks and started to rifle through it. Harry and Ron were on each side of her, and begrudgingly, Hermione followed. "Here," she said as she pointed to the paragraph about the topic. Harry read aloud, "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Sorcere's stone! This is it guys! If the elixir is consumed, the drinker will be immortal, taken regularly. Turns water into wine... metal to gold..." he trailed off, "Flamel is still alive and well today, where he just celebrated his six hundred and sixty fifth birthday! This is it guys, this is what Snapes after!"

Aurora blinked. "Hold the phone, you're telling me that you think Snape, my godfather, is after the Sorcerer's stone?" She snorted, "there's no way." By this point, Tom was so bored he went back into the diary. Apparently he didn't care for a bunch of eleven year olds' conversation, how rude.

Harry shouted, "He is!" The same time as Ron shouted, "Godfather?!"

Hermione's eyes have yet to leave the book.

"First of all, yes, he's mine and my broth... Draco's godfather. Secondly, why on earth do you think he's after a rock?"

Harry and Ron looked at each other before Ron spoke, "Snapes been trying to kill Harry all year! You weren't at the Quidditch match were you? He cursed Harry's broom to try and throw him off, trying to murder him! On Halloween he tried to get past Fluffy and had a bleeding leg—"

"Fluffy?"

They proceeded to explain how a three-headed dog was one of the things guarding the stone. "-And Harry saw him corner Professor Quirrell in the woods the other day, asking about Fluffy and everything!"

Her face paled. She knew her godfather wasn't involved from the start of their tale, but now that Ron brought up Quirrell.... so that's the task? He's having her bust her arse for the damn immortality rock? She swiftly grabbed her book from Hermione's grubby paws, and looked at the two boys with a solemn expression, "It isn't Snape. I have to go."

Ignoring their worried faces and Hermione's annoyance, she ran out of the tower and down the stairs. "Tom, come out."

"Why are we running?"

"You'll see."

***

Aurora burst into Professor Quirill's office, completely out of breath. She put her hands on her knees, breathing quickly, "those stairs to the Astronomy Tower are no joke," she panted.

"M-Ms. M-Malfoy wh-what—"

"Save it," she cut him off, "Were you ever planning on telling me that the special task is stealing the Sorcerer's Stone?!"

His eyes turned dark. "How did you find out?"

"A few students are onto you. Well not you, exactly, they think it's Snape. They know about Fluffy and everything."