11. smart and smarter

Start from the beginning

But wait, their voices are awfully familiar. 

"Stitch?" She muttered to herself. And because she's a whole damn big curious cat, she tried to peak on the books from the bookshelf. 

"Aaand they're gone." 

She rolled her eyes. 

...

Three days later, who would've thought they're gonna face each other on stage representing their own classes aiming for a win? 

A spelling bee. That's right, a competition for the geniuses. Perfect for the girls named Ahn Yujin and Jang Wonyoung if it ain't that obvious enough. 

And what usually happens whenever they're aiming for each other's throats? 

"My bet goes to Yujin." 

"YAH WONYOUNG DON'T FAIL ME I PUT THIS WEEK'S ALLOWANCE ON THE LINE FOR YOU!" 

"END THAT BEAN POLE YUJIN!" 

"Yena, you know she's tall too right?" 

"Do I look like I give a shit?" Minju scratches her head after hearing the duck's response. 

Yes people, another bet for our one and only blue-pink duo. 

As you can see, they are very passionate about this. To the point where their auras can be felt by some students. Maybe because of the fact that they're facing the person they don't like (not hate because they insisted it's different so that's that). Everything about them standing on the stage screams power. Their eyes almost flaming at the thought of them losing against this obnoxious colored person. 

Yujin eyed Wonyoung, "Oh you're so gonna lose, Jang Wonyoung."

The latter smirked as she stared back with the same intensity, "Bring it on."

-

This entire thing started when the school had an upcoming event where students are happy because they got no classes to attend at and can do whatever they want with their lives that day. Of course, series of games and competitions are present so even teachers and parents can have fun with the students. 

Three days before the event, Hyewon was supposed to be the one representing their class but the moment she heard the tall bunny's name, she declined (there was a scary grin plastered on her face). The teachers were confused, it was the first time Hyewon refused to participate. 

A few moments later, they saw her dragging Yujin in front of them saying she'll participate in her place instead. 

The teacher was in tears. Tears of joy. Finally Yujin is going to engage in activities for their class after years of saying no.

(Both Hyewon and their teacher ignored the poor girl's cries) 

Yujin's cries changed into screams of triumph after hearing Wonyoung's going to join the spelling bee too although she almost killed her best friend and threw all the bad words at her. She thanked Hyewon and as a compensation, she will make her happy by doing her homework for free. And it happened to be Hyewon's most hated subject in all of her existence.  So she forgave Yujin right away as ridiculous as it may sound. 

You better watch me destroy you. I'll definitely gonna win. 

As for Wonyoung, she didn't know she was gonna face her stitch in this kind of things. She only knew today, when they all stepped on stage and saw her annoying (but pretty af) face. 

Seeing Yujin alone fired up her soul. 

Get wrecked bitch. 

-

And here they are now, in the final three. Yujin, her, and that boy from the class she forgot the name. It's getting intense, the air was heavy, the crowd fell silent when it used to be loud due to their deafening cheers. 

I just know they're silently praying they're gonna win their bet. 

Wonyoung huffs. She's getting impatient. All her senses are perfectly active right now, especially her hearing. Yujin is already finished spelling her word. Just as expected, she's too smart for her own good.  

Her heart is beating so fast. Perhaps she's scared? Nervous? Excited? She tried to brush it all off by laying her eyes on her foe. She's an effective tool for motivation.  

And there was Yujin, staring at her with the most confident expression she had ever seen from her. 

Wonyoung saw how she lifted the corner of her lip upward, it kind of showcased her left dimple quite a bit. It was kind of... attractive. 

Her heart beating because of anxiousness might have just changed its reason to do speeding. 

"What the—" 

"Wonyoung Jang from Class 2 - B." She quickly went in front of the microphone. God she wanted to off herself so badly, why does her cheeks feel hot anyway? She just wanted to collect motivation from Yujin through anger and annoyance, why is it so... 

"Foudroyant." 

WHAT.

"Can you please repeat the word?" 

"Foudroyant."

"May I have the definition please?" 

"Occurring suddenly and with great severity. Rare stunning, dazzling, or overwhelming." 

Oh. 

Oh.