CHAPTER 7: LISTEN TO THE RADIO.

Start from the beginning

Anastasia looked him in the eye and sighed. "With due respect, sir, I didn't say anything wrong. All I'm saying is-"

"Hold it right there!" Dr. Suraj gestured with his left hand, interrupting Anastasia's speech. "I have just two questions for you, and the first one is, are you in this department?"

"No." Anastasia wagged her head, running her fingers through her hair. "I'm a law student, and my class starts by one o'clock on Wednesdays. I only came here to chill for some time."

"I see." Dr. Suraj gritted his teeth, glaring furiously at Anastasia's cool face. "Secondly, who is she to you?"

"She's a sister from another mother." Anastasia replied smugly. "She's my dear friend, sir."

"All right. Get out of my class, both of you."

"But, sir-"

"Shush!" Dr. Suraj silenced Idara's protest and pointed at the door. "Out. Now!"

"Okayyy, Mr. Lecturer." Anastasia drawled, putting Idara's books in Idara's schoolbag. "We will surely leave, but, please, just stop yelling, because the whole class knows that we did absolutely nothing wrong to you."

"Yesss!"

"Exactly!"

"Correct!"

"Abi o!"

So many students said different words of agreement while a few others only clapped in support of both ladies. Grinning to herself, Anastasia put her arm around her friend's shoulders and said, "Come on, Dara. Let's go."

With that, Idara and Anastasia walked over to the front door like two very classy bosses, and then they high-fived on their way out of the noisy auditorium.

When they'd gotten out of the compound through the rear gate, Idara said, "Thanks for having my back back there, Asia."

"You're welcome, girlfriend." Anastasia finally removed her arm from Idara's shoulders to give her some breathing space. "Let me guess, you didn't sleep properly last night, aye?"

"Yeah. How'd you know?"

Anastasia rolled her eyes at the silly question. "I know you better than your own mother, Dara. After what you witnessed between Yomi and Candice, I figured you'd have problems with sleeping during the night. Looks like I was right after all."

Idara glanced away, apparently at a loss for words.

"Honestly, Dara, I don't even know why you bother so much about that guy. He clearly doesn't see you as you see him. I mean, his words and actions have proven it a million times that he's not that into you. What other sign could you possibly need?"

Idara remained mute, avoiding eye contact with Asia.

"You know, if I were you I'd try someone else," Anastasia suggested, batting her eyelashes.

"Someone else, like who?"

"Someone like my brother, of course." Anastasia sounded somewhat persuasive. "That poor guy has been through hell for your attention, but you hardly even acknowledge his existence. And it's not fair, really."

Idara swallowed hard, feeling guilty as charged.

"See, as far as I know, Tayo has never dated any other woman since his ex-girlfriend died five years ago," Anastasia added. "Why don't you just give him a chance, Dara?"

"I can't believe you're the one saying this." Idara looked at the two-faced lady walking beside her with great surprise. "Weren't you the same person who advised me to shoot my shot at Yomi some days back?"