Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Birthday Surprises

Start from the beginning

The flowers were a light periwinkle blue and the vines forming the shape of the crown was braided beautifully.

Like Fleur, herself, the flower crown seemed to have something quite mezmerizing in it.

It looked magical.

"Fleur- oh Godric, this beautiful," Y/N admired her present for a moment before carefully picking it up. "Thank you!"

"Oh, no problem," Fleur waved her hand and swapped grins with Bill. "I made it- the flowers are charmed to never die. Go on, try it on, Miss Balcony!"

Y/N didn't need her to say it twice.

She placed the flower crown on her head and quickly styled her hair. She grinned to herself, feeling beautiful, as everyone stared at her in aw.

"Oh, Y/N!" Hermione squealed, putting a hand to her heart.

"You're beautiful," Harry said loudly, his mouth agape.

Everyone turned their heads to his direction and stared at at him for a second.

There was a moment of awkward silence, but when Harry let out a confused 'what?', everyone burst into laughter.

"Thanks, Harry," Y/N laughed, lacing her fingers with his under the table. "congratulations on making Quidditch captain, by the way,"

"How did you know?" grinned Harry, rubbing his thumb against the back her hand.

Y/N pointed to the sign above their heads that Mrs Weasley had made that said, 'Happy Birthday, Y/N! Congratulations, Harry!'

"You'll be an amazing captain," Y/N said to him quietly, as everyone started to chat. "You'll win us that house cup... and I'll watch."

They cheerfully ate breakfast, and Fleur pleaded Y/N to wear the flower crown for the rest of the day, which Y/N agreed to.

Then, they got their supply lists and travelled by floo to Diagon Alley.

It was bizarre. Every single shop in Diagon Alley was closed and deserted, except for one... Weasley's Wizard Wheezes.

Fred and George's shop was thriving- brightly and magnificently lit, with dozens of customers.

Everyone had went in, but Y/N was busy gaping up at the bright building in awe.

"Y/N, come look at this!" Harry called from the shop entrance.

Y/N continued to stare up at the huge statue of either Fred or George that poked from the top of the shop.

"Come on," Harry said with a chuckle, taking Y/N's hand and pulling her into the shop.

It was loud and there were fireworks everywhere. Most customers were Hogwarts students- of all ages.

"Oh, hey Y/N!" Daphne Greengrass waved at them from besides a shelf of dungbombs- her blonde hair was in pigtails and her smile was adoring.

"Hello Daphne!" Y/N said brightly, but she barely got to wave back, for Harry had pulled her out of sight. "Harry, slow down-"

Harry finally let her hand go when they reached the middle of the shop.

"Look up there!" He said humorously, pointing towards the ceiling.