Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Birthday Surprises

Start from the beginning

"Of course she got an 'O' for Care of Magical Creatures." Ron grinned, poking his head over Hermione's other shoulder.

"Well done, everyone!" Mrs Weasley beamed, ruffling Ron's hair after she'd read his results.

"Well, we're NEWT students now," Ron said broadly. "Mum... are they more sausages?"

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

It's been almost two weeks at The Burrow, and Y/N had woken up last, again.

Realizing both Ginny and Hermione weren't sleeping on their beds, she groaned and kicked off her blanket lazily.

Remembering they were going to Diagon Alley today, she quickly got up and got dressed.

She quickly slipped on a random outfit out of her bag and practically sprinted down stairs.

Everyone must be waiting for her... or worst, they'd left to Diagon Alley without her...

"Happy Birthday, Y/N!"

A rain of gold confetti shot from Fleur's wand and was thrown into the air by Harry. It rained all over Y/N in slow motion.

Y/N froze in her spot at the loud and abrupt cheer in the kitchen and slowly realized... it was her birthday.

Everyone was beaming gleefully and were all seated around the dining table.

Harry and Fleur were the only ones standing and wearing party hats.

"Sixteen already, Miss Balcony!" Fleur came over to Y/N and kissed her on both cheeks, handing her a flat and wide pink box. "Here's your present!"

Y/N noticed there was a table for her presents, but Fleur chose to give hers to Y/N in person.

"Thank you, Fleur," Y/N took the box, smiled at Fleur gratefully.

Then, she met Harry's eyes. He was wearing a flannel (it was his new thing this year) and had a huge grin on his face.

The party hat on his head was trapped a little too tightly around his face.

Suddenly, Harry slyly wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her to his chest, turning around so his back was facing the dining table.

He quickly leaned over and kissed her.

His lips were always unbelievably soft- and the way he kissed her made her feel like the luckiest girl.

"Oi, you two!" Ron said heatedly.

Harry pulled away and Y/N blushed furiously, as they both turned back to sit down at the table quietly.

"Sorry we didn't wake you up," Ginny chuckled.

"We wanted to surprise you," Hermione grinned. "I reckoned it would work, because you never remember your birthday."

"You're right, I only realized just now," Y/N laughed.

"Well, open the present!" Fleur said eagerly, landing herself next to Bill.

"I'm sure Y/N would like to eat first," Mrs Weasley said cooly.

"Nah, I'll open it," Y/N said brightly, pulling the white ribbon from the pink box Fleur had given her.

She opened the lid of the box and her eyes grew wide.

It was a flower crown. But the word 'flower crown' really wasn't enough for it.