"Sure. It's downstairs. Why?"

"I need to call Ian." It all came out in a rush. "I need to know what happened to me. The last thing I remember is talking to him at work and then waking up in the hospital. I can't remember anything between then and I need to know what happened. I need to know he's okay and I need... I need..."

"Okay, Rhia, breathe." Nolan waited until her breathing deepened again. "Ian is with his government right now. I have to go in for a Counsel meeting soon, so I'll ask for him to call, okay?" She nodded and he continued. "I did talk to your mom, though. She wants to see you. She's worried about you and she's upset she wasn't there when you woke up."

Rhia stood up sharply. "No. I don't want her to see me like this."

There was a pile of neatly folded clothes on the dresser, and she grabbed them, not even caring if they would fit. Nolan stood up slowly and watched her. She could feel his gaze on her, and it just made the heat between her legs that more intense. It was now getting uncomfortable. She shouldn't be horny at a time like this, it was so weird. The clothes mostly fit. The shorts were a bit too short for her liking and the tank top showed a bit more cleavage than she was normally comfortable with. That uncomfortably horny part of her brain seemed to purr. It liked the idea of Nolan seeing more of her.

"I need to talk to Cameron too."

She turned to face him again. Their eyes met and the air vanished from her lungs. His eyes were flickering red, not from anger but from the same lust that was slowly taking over her body. The dichotomy between what they were feeling and what they were talking about was strange enough to feature on goddamn Dr. Phil.

Nolan looked away and she could see his throat bob as he swallowed hard. "Sure." his voice was strained. "Can I ask why?"

"He helped me find a P.I. to look for my parents. I need to get a hold of them."

"You didn't tell me that."

"I didn't want to say anything unless it went somewhere. It doesn't matter now. They can stop looking."

He looked back at her and smiled, sending thrills through her every nerve. "They don't need to stop. They can work with the dr-"

Anger flared now, mixing uncomfortably with the other feelings swirling within her. "I don't want them to work together, I want them to stop. I don't want to know. I don't care anymore."

"Rhia-"

"Don't!" she snapped. "Don't Rhia me, Nolan, I don't want to know. Knowing isn't going to make any of this better!"

"Okay," he his shoulders slumped in defeat. "I'll... call Cameron."

"Thank you." She let out a heavy sigh. "I need a drink."

She tried to step past him for the door, but he shifted to block her way. He reached up to cradle her face in his hands, his thumbs grazing her jaw. Her eyes fluttered and the anger was gone in a flash. She grabbed onto his shirt at his waist for support, her legs feeling weak. "Rhia, I..."

He never finished. His voice faded to nothing as their eyes met again. She licked her dry lips and his eyes darted down to focus on them. They flickered red again and his breathing hitched. His tips of his fangs descended, and that fire erupted with new life inside her. She knew the kind of pleasure those fangs delivered. One bite and she would be back in that ecstasy. They could be there together. He had enjoyed it just as much as she did.

His kiss was lightning. Hot, and sharp, and she felt it through her whole body. She tugged his shirt out of his pants and slid her hands up his torso. Soft skin. Hard muscle. It was impossible to explain how badly she needed this man.