Chapter26: Kayla's Makau

Start from the beginning

Lifting the half-eaten cracker to David who quickly said with the same tight smile, "I'm allergic to tuna." Real smooth, dude.

Angela said silently 'Oh' mostly to herself before she reached out to pick up the cracker that had cheese on top that's when he said in the same tone, "I'm lactose."

I was joying how David keeps killing Angela's chances of feeding him the crackers while Becca and Andy were back in the kitchen.
So, I decided to help out a little bit, "You better stay away from those muscles crackers, you know what happened the last time."

"What happened the last time?" Angela looked up to me confused while David arched an eyebrow towards me before I started with the story that I quickly made up in my head,

"Well, me and a couple of his friends were having a game night and one of them forgot to warn David that one of the chip dips had chapped shell fish in them until he ate at least two chips covered with it.

That's when he starts swallowing up along with his tongue which started first. Then he starts losing feeling in the left part of his body and needed to go to hospital for an emergency treatment. That has to enter his body from behind the back, if you know what I mean."

Seeing Angela slowly move away from David to create some space between them before I walked back into the kitchen. Only to find my siblings trying too hard to keep in their laughter.

When Johnny walked into the kitchen with Dad behind him, they stared at Becca and Andy before turning to me, "Do we wanna know why they're laughing?"

Sighing deeply while trying to keep in my own laughter under control while shaking my head, answering Dad's question.

"Is David inside?" Johnny asked almost too seriously for some reason which cause me to feel a little bit worried, because he never speak about any of my guy friends in that tone before.

Nodding my head and watch him walk into the living room, standing right in front of the coffee table when speaking, "David, step outside with me for a sec."

David nearly fell off the couch before following after Johnny almost too closely, but stopped to turn to me, "Thank you, I owe you big time."

"Just don't steal my food for a whole week, and we'll call it even, ok." I patted his shoulder before he walked out of the kitchen with Johnny.
That's when I went back into the living room where Angela was sitting with a small makeup mirror in her hand, putting some lipstick, "We need to talk."

"Um, I'm busy right now." Angela rolled her eyes at me before lightly rubbing the light pink lipstick across her lip. Scoffing at what she'd said, that's when I closed the mirror before grabbing it out of her hand.
As I started walking towards the stairs, she called out, "Jen- Jennifer! That's mine!!!"

"You want it, come and get it." I screamed back at her before racing up the rest of the stairs while she groaned in annoyance. I was unlocking my door when she finally got to the top stair, leaving the door open.

She narrowed her eyes before opening her mouth, I joyfully cut her off saying, "The sooner we start the conversation, the quicker you get to be downstairs."

Angela knows that I won't give her the mirror back or would I stop trying to get us alone to talk. So, she walked into my room before I closed the door behind me.
Still the same room, just with little pictures hanging on the walls.

Standing in the middle of my room, hands on top of her hips, Angela said irritated, "What?"

"Why are you here? This is a family meeting and last time I'd checked your name doesn't start with an 'h'." I crossed my arms, raising an eyebrow at her when I'd ask the question. I'm not letting Angela leave this room until she answer every question that I have.