𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Start from the beginning

_"A family matter. So of course you couldn't bother to include me."- I furrowed my brows at that. I don't think Allison was really saying that. I think she was referring to the unknown man.

I let go of Vanya slowly, but kept close to her.

_"No, it's not like that, we were-"-Luther tried making the situation better.

_"Don't let me interrupt."- Vanya started walking away, I tried going after her.

_"Vanya, wait! I'll fill you later when we're alone."- Allison tried to stop her as well, coming closer.

_"Please, please don't bother. And I won't either."

_"Vanya, that's not fair."

_"Fair? There's nothing fair about being your sister. I have been left out of everything for as long as I can remember. The only one who listened to me was Y/n, because you did the same to her. And I used to think it was dad's fault, but he's dead. So it turns out you're the assholes."- Vanya said before leaving the room. The man she was with looked at me one last time, and went behind her.

_"Ouch"-Klaus said, quietly.

_"I'm going after her."-I said, already starting to walk out of the room.

_"No, wait, there isn't time. We need to figure out what causes the apocalypse."

_"You know what. If we all die in the next few days, I would at least like to die without regrets. And I know that letting Vanya think she's alone, and doesn't have a family to count on, would be something to regret. So, excuse me Luther, I'm trying to fix your fucking mistakes towards our sister."- Luther seemed taken aback by my stubbornness, but I couldn't care less. I left the room, going behind Vanya.

I catched up with her as she was about to walk out of the mansion. I held her hand to stop her, making her turn around.

_"Y/n, I'm sorry but I can't stay here."

_"No, it's okay, I understand. I'm asking to go with you. Can we talk outside?"

She looked at me with her usual melancholic eyes, seeming to hesitate a bit, but she soon nodded shyly.

_"Thank you."

I said, before we both walked out of the mansion.

_"So...what is it that you wanted to talk about?"- Vanya asked, we sat on the stairs to the entrance.

_"I just wanted to say...that our siblings our assholes."- Vanya snickered at my comment, me joining her right after.

_"Tell me about it."

_"Yeah. But, I don't know if you'll believe me in this, they care about you. Even if they're worst at showing that. Even if they, themselves, don't realize it. Our childhood as a whole was traumatizing, really. Growing relationships between us as family was more complicated than it seemed. Especially since our own father didn't treat us like his children. He treated us as weapons."

Vanya stayed in silence while I spoke, waiting for me to continue. She was looking down at the ground.

_"...And weapons aren't supposed to be friendly to each other. They're supposed to compete with each other, fight for their owners attention. Fight to be useful. And I think we all had this engraved in our minds without even realizing. Whoever, we were still people, still children even if we weren't treated like it. We still cared for each other. And we care till this day."

I grabbed Vanya's hand once again. She looked at my eyes, and I smiled a bit.

_"And I am sorry you felt like you were alone while being part of the academy. I think I might understand the feeling a bit. But recently I did realize those assholes we called siblings once have a soft spot for our mentally unstable family. Including Five, the original one. All those years, he's been thinking about coming back to you guys. To you, Vanya. He trusts you the most out of all."