Day 3

3rd April 2009

I woke up with a startle, and let out a small yelp. Then, I felt your arms tightening around my waist as you stirred in your sleep. Feeling disoriented, I turned and saw your majestic beauty as the sunlight softly shone on your face, as if nature itself was praising the brilliance that is you. I smiled as I gently; lovingly, caressed your strong features and you stirred even more in your sleep and frowned slightly. I let out a soft chuckle and felt it unfair that even when frowning, you were better looking than Adonis himself.

I kissed your forehead, and still you were sound asleep. I smiled even more and silently mouthed ‘I Love You’ to your sleeping beauty. I cracked a smile at that thought, and I slowly let go of your embrace as I needed to prepare for work. I got out of bed as silently as I could, and sure enough, it paid off as you didn’t even stir.

The hot water felt comforting as I softly dabbed some of the running water onto my face, and the mist fogged our elongated mirror. I wiped it clear, but the emerald wedding ring that was on my finger made slight scratching sounds from this. With my image clearer now, I proceeded into combing my long, lustrous hair and after it I looked much more presentable than I was earlier this morning. I smiled at the mirror and it reflected a beautiful and loved woman who is blissfully wedded to a man greater than Adonis. After doing the necessary, I went into the kitchen and made breakfast for you.

At the smell of breakfast cooking, you finally woke up and you announce your gracious presence with your usual yawn and trademark bed hair. Probably still half asleep, you look disoriented as always, but perfection can never measure up to you. I went up to you and pecked you gently in the lips. You smiled your goofy smile as always, and encircled my waist with your strong arms in a tight embrace and muttered softly into my ears ‘Good morning. I love you.’ I smiled, stood on my toes and whispered the same into your ears.

As we pulled over the curb in our respective cars, we waved each other goodbye as work was a calling. I drove away first then only would you, as always; because you said you would never leave me alone.