Round 1

No POV:

Slowly people moved away from the cafeteria to do their tasks, mostly staying in pairs. Everyone was at least attempting to talk to the rest of the crew or to make a new friend, except one.

"Corpse! Do you wanna come with me so your not alone?" Sykkuno asked excitedly, ready to get to his first day of tasks.
"Sure. . ." Corpse responded after a short pause.

Sykkuno's POV:

"Okay let's see..." I looked through my list of tasks to see what I had to do as Corpse and I walked out of the cafeteria.

He seemed very uncomfortable around everyone and he was the only one without a partner so when I offered for him to come with me I was surprised that he said yes but happy at the same time.

"Maybe we can be friends!"I thought as we entered weapons.
"Oh wait! I have a thing in here!" I told Corpse while I grabbed his arm and dragged him to a small screen above the chair in the middle of the room.

It read 'Download to tablet:' and then listed all of the crew's names. I looked for mine but instead I could only see the names of the rest of the crew.

I got a little panicky as I didn't want to keep Corpse waiting for to long so I relooked but still couldn't find my name. Then again I relooked but this time Corpse tapped the screen to stop it from scrolling and pointed to my name.

"Oh! Thank you- sorry!" I said with a nervous laugh. "I don't think I ever told him my name... wait! My name tag! haha, never mind!"
"It's fine..." He responded quietly.

I started the download and after 8 seconds it finished and we continued past the oxygen room and into navigation.

I didn't have anything to do in there so I sat down next to Corpse as he adjusted some of the flight and navigation thingys.

"So..." I began trying to start up a conversation,
"Uhm, why'd you decide to join the space program?"
He was quite for a moment and then sighed,
"I mostly needed a break from life but I still wanted to do something so I..." He stopped for a moment maybe to collect his thoughts? I didn't know.

"I joined for... fun." He finished as he sat up.
"Oh! Interesting!" I said, "He joined for fun? That doesn't make much sense and that also does not assure me that he knows what he's doing!"

"I mean, I also just liked the idea of space. I would stay up watching shit about rockets n' crap" Corpse added as we rounded the corner to storage.
"Okay maybe he does know what he's doing!"

"That's cool!" I responded enthusiastically while we walked through storage. "Oh, I have a task in here." I said, looking at a task that read:
Rewire (0/3):
•Storage   (X)
•Admin    (X)
•Security (X)

"Okay, I have one in the electrical room- I'll be right around the corner." Corpse told me as he slid around the corner and into electrical.
"Alright, Let's see..." I thought to myself as I opened up the wire panel. "I just have to move some wires around, that'll be easy!"

I grabbed a pink wire and moved it into a new spot, were it needed to go, and just as I did the ship's lights cut off.
"Oh! Was that me?" I worried as I pulled the pink wire out of it's new spot.

The lights didn't turn back on, so I redid the pink wire again and moved some of the other colored wires.

After I finished I walked over to electrical to try and fix the lights and check on Corpse. When I entered I could just barely see someone trying to turn the lights back on.

"Do you need help?" I asked as I walked up beside them.
"Kinda..." They growled, it was Corpse.
"Oh, here. You gotta flip this one up and move this to the right." I explained as I reached over him and moved some of the switches and sliders.

"There we go!" I said as the lights turned back on.
"Okay, what tasks do you have left?" I asked. Corpse looked down at his tablet, "Not much. Just says 'divert power to shields' and then a one out of two thing."

Right after he finished talking we heard a scream coming from the reactor-engines area. I immediately pulled Corpse out of electrical and we both ran over to see what had happened.

Corpse's POV:

"Sykkuno, don't go over there."