"Just what"

Alex felt a lump "don't like me anymore, you have to love me but maybe everything I've done. I've said in the last 6 months, maybe it's changed your opinion on me."

Alex could hear the wobble in her voice, "I really miss you and mom and I miss us, I just wanted you ask if I was okay."

The elevator opened, alex walked in. Tears slowly fell as the doors closed.

...

"Alex" stiles whispered,

Alex didn't turn "what?"

"Are you okay?"

Alex had shown up at school, tear stained and blood shot from crying. Stiles found her in the car park, trying to clean herself up.

He asked her every hour, was she okay.

"I'm okay" alex whispered back,

Alex looked back down at her notebook she kept when she felt inspired to write, It was nice to be able to step into a different reality for a while.

Ms Blake's heels clicked as she walked up and down the classroom explaining something most didn't care about.

"Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story."

She stopped at Alex's desk and stared down at writing on the page.

"I didn't know you wrote Alex"

Alex looked up at her "I picked it up during the summer"

"You mind if I read?" She asked.

Alex shrugged, ms Blake already knew a lot more than most and witnessed more than most should.

She stood and watched the slimy skinned, lizard like man climbed the walls of the abandoned building they had taken him to.  Their last option was to kill him, kill an innocent soul whom had fell victim of the underorld that the teenagers had been forced into.

She looked up from the book "this is impressive Alex, your imagination is very wild, you really make it sound as if you lived it"

Alex only nodded, pulling her notebook back.

"Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture" she continued to teach

"They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying "jump the gun" is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like "seeing the whole board."

"Like chess" stiles said

"That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" She asked

He shook his head "Uh, no. My father does."

"Now, when does an idiom become a cliche?" She asked

Scott turned to his friend "I think I can get to Ethan. I'm pretty sure I can make him talk."

"How?" Alex asked

"What do you want to do that for?" Stiles asked

"The druids are emissaries, right? So what if the Darach was an emissary to the alphas" Scott suggested to them