23. Mending a shattered dream

"I.... I Got Married To Viraj." She heard Riya saying in one breathe with almost breaking tone.

Swara was shocked to hell like floor escaped beneath her.

"Wh..what?" Swara asked in unsure tone. No, that's not what she heard.

"Riya? No.. that's not right. You.. you are joking right? Pl.. please say, it's not true. You di.. didn't married Viraj. Please." Swara asked worried and being scared with little hope that it's not true. But Riya's voice said it all.

She didn't heard her saying anything for a couple of second and then she heard her heartbreaking sobs only to get confirm that it's a bitter lie and she heard him saying those words yet again with her cries.

"Y.. yes Swara, I g.. got married to Viraj." Riya said.

"Whattt? Ho... how... Riya? What happened? How can you do this Riya?"Swara said with difficulty. She was too restless and worried.

"I didn't have choice Swara. I.. tr..tried to deny but Dad and Shekhar uncle wasn't ready to listen. I just wanted to run away but mom..." Riya couldn't say anything and started crying bitterly.

"Riya? Riya no...why? Why did you destroyed your life? Why and how this happened?" Swara said with tears in her eyes.

Riya was crying uncontrollably and Swara's words over phone couldn't help anything to console her.

"Riya, where are you? Tell me, I m coming right now to meet you." Swara said. She got up from bed.

"No stop!!" She heard Riya and stopped in her track.

"What but why?" Swara asked confusingly yet worriedly.

"I.. m. F... Fine. I m at Viraj's farmhouse." Riya said trying to control her whimphers.

"What the hell!! Oh god!! Why this happened?" Swara paced here and there in her room restlessly.

"I.. m trying to be fine Swara. You relax." Riya said with tears.

"Just shut up Riya!! For god sales,I know you are not fine. I hate you. I hate this damn family!! They only meant to destroy us and they did. Why didn't you run away Riya? Why? You saved my life but you ruined yours!! Why?" Swara shouted with tears.

"Tell me the location Riya, I m coming please. "Swara requested her.

"No!!" Riya said sobbing.

"Riya please!!" Swara pleads her.

"No Swara, I won't be able to take it if you come here. It will be too hard for me to handle. Please don't come now." Riya said in between tears.

Swara hold her head and pressed her lips not to cry because it will only make Riya feel more vulnerable. She wasn't able to find any word neither she wants her to come.

A few minutes passed in silence and she could only hear her cries. And then started telling how everything happened.

"Riya please tell me, how this happened? I know you are much more stronger than me. You couldn't just give up. Why? Why would you do that?" Swara asked.

"A.. After you left....." Riya started telling her.

Flashback:

Riya was in Swara's room while drama was going on downstairs. She was least bothered to know what they were discussing. What's still left to discuss. Swara is already married. This marriage didn't happen and even the deal will be cancelled. God knows, what these businesses minded selfish people were discussing since so long.
Uncared to all that, Riya was so happy that Swara is going to happy in her life and she is out of all this. But that's not the only reason of her happiness. Thinking about him, a beautiful smile was playing on her lips.