After They Fall Asleep (Sam X ANY)

To the world, he was Falcon; Captain America's best friend; Sam Wilson. To you, the man you were next to was just Sam, your best friend's little brother, and your childhood neighbor. Sarah hugged you goodbye and set a slip of paper on the counter. 

"Thanks for agreeing to watch the boys for me," she said, then pointed at the slip of paper. "That's the check, since I don't have any cash right now." You smiled at her. "It's no problem, really. See you in a week, Sar." It could be a problem, though, because you were starting to get a headache. Sarah nodded. "See you in a week. Sam, don't be stupid while I'm gone."

"I am never stupid, so I have absolutely no idea what you mean." Both you and Sarah stared at him, you trying not to laugh. "You always are!" The two of you said. Sam grinned. "Mhm, yeah, sure. Bye sis. Have fun in Texas." He left to go put his nephews to bed, and you waved bye one last time as Sarah got in her car and drove off. She had to go to Texas for an online school thing, and would be spending the week there. (Online school can make you do that, for those of you that want to argue. When I was younger me and my family had to drive 6 hours for something to do with a parent's online classes.)

"Hey, Y/N, ever seen Gemini Man?" Sam asked you an hour later. (I have. It's good, totally recommend it. And it's pretty family friendly, aside from some swearing and shooting.) You shook your head and walked to the brown couch he occupied. He sat up and scooted over so you could sit, which you did. "Would you like to?" Nodding, you took the blanket covering his legs and covered yourself, leaving him none. He didn't mind. "Sure. You mind if I lay down, though? Headache."

"No problem." He helped you shift so you had a pillow and an armrest under your head, and your legs in his lap, then started the movie. "You need an aspirin?" His voice asked softly after the sixth time you closed your eyes. The screen was bright; it hurt to look at to long. Which sucked, because you were really getting into the movie. "I'm fine," you insisted, looking at him. "I'll just go to sleep, you can finish without me."

Instead of him nodding, you watched as he turned the TV off, then stood up. Carefully, your friend picked you up, holding you against his chest. You looked at his face and saw a smile. "What's so funny?" Sam started walking as he answered. "Oh, nothing, nothing. Don't think I didn't see you blush when I lifted you, Y/N."

Your face (which was, infact, already warm from a blush) heat up even more. "Oh shut up, Samuel. It's hard not to blush when someone you used to like in high school picks you up, especially when they liked you back." Sam raised an eyebrow and set you on a bed. You half-hated how you almost smiled when you noticed it smelled like him. "You sure you don't still like me, N/N? Your fave is very red."

"Please shut up. You don't look much better, you know," you shot back, slapping his arm. He was indeed blushing as he he laughed softly- a beautiful sound, you thought. "I'll be on the couch. Call if you need anything, okay?" You grabbed his sleeve as he started to leave, somehow blushing more.

"Actually, can you-  can you stay?" Sam started to smile, so you rushed to continue. "It's just, you're actually really warm, and this room is freezing, so-"

"Y/N, don't worry about it. I'll stay." He walked to the empty side of the bed and laid down, sliding an arm around your shoulders after you covered him with the blanket. You scooted closer to him and set your head on his shoulder. He was like a human heater. "Better?" Sam asked quietly, his voice barely there. "Much. Thank you."

A little bit later, you heard him snoring softly. With a small smile, you looked at his face, taking in everything from the bump on his nose to the curve of his lips. He looked so at peace when he slept, like no villain could reach him so long as he dreamt. Unable to help yourself, you placed a soft kiss on his jaw, then curled back into his side again. 

"I see how it is. Wait 'till I'm asleep to prove me right so I don't see it," Sam quipped, nearly making you yelp. As it was, you made a small -eep!- noise. "Were you even asleep?" You asked. He nodded, then looked at you. You looked back quietly. "You know, N/N, all you had to do was tell me." Sam's soft lips found your forehead, his stubble brushing your brows, and kept them there. (His lips, not your brows. They do what you want, loves.) "I like you too, Y/N."