Chapter 29- Prime Objectives

"Has she shown any sign of awakening?" Zephyren ponders running in as both Nurren and Amberley lay bandaged up in bed though Myrna gave Nurren crystals to help with mana control it still seem a bit unraveled possibly fighting back. Instead of five crystals she now bared nine. One on her forehead, four on her abdomen, two between her chest, and two on her shoulder blades as before. Shaking her head no Dahliana frowns.
"What is taking so long for them to wake up? Even Amore has risen."

"I'm uncertain for Amberley's condition maybe from lack of rest, but for Nurren .... That is another story," Amore spoke up. "She's taken in some of the devil's mana so it'll be some time for her body to adjust until then due to the lack of rest itself I'm far more uncertain on an exact date she'll fully gain consciousness." Rubbing her temples she looks over at Dahliana. "Please stop crying Dahli why are you so upset?"

"We knew what her plan was and yet .... We couldn't prevent it all because I couldn't find her in time," Dahliana trembles. "How useful ..... Am I? As a member of the Corahveana and with my affinity it should've been easy ... I should've been able to track her."
"None of this was your fault. What happened was according to Nurren's plans. She chose this herself," Lunalia spoke arms crossed just above her chest.

"Always was quiet about certain matters in mind," Myrna sighs. "Now that we have you and what's her name the queen has ordered us to return home. So we should set a course to transfer Nurren safely there."
"In this dire state? Are you bonkers Myrna? She needs to rest here until her body stabilizes and even worse Amberley as well," Amore speaks up.

"Fine," Waving a towel in the cat shifter surrenders. "But some of us still have to return back to the Heart Kingdom."
"I'll go," Amore speaks up. "Lunalia can cover for Nurren and Lieve may accompany in place of the rest. It's quite obvious that Zephyren's children will have to return as well ..... Amyas and Amias will not leave until Nurren is able to, so make sure to keep an eye on them .... Oh and Dahliana please get some rest you look ..... Tired."

Dahliana sighs in relief being allowed to stay put within the kingdom in place of her Amore chose to return. "Notify me the minute she awakens," Amore orders before walking pass the brunette that resembled their elder sibling despite her pointy ears and orange eyes it struck them all that she could in fact be mistaken as Nurren.

................

Ever since the elves struck Dahliana hadn't been the same. Her once happy aura full of energy grew sad and empty. From the lack of self care anyone could see. She was in fact worried because of the unforeseen future. Over her possible permanent life as a civilian of the Heart Kingdom and over her constant off grid elder sibling.

"Lady Dahliana," a person gasped. Never had a person seen her in such disarray. "Are you sick? Please go rest!"
"Ah yes that does sound nice," Dahliana softly smiles then heads to her sleeping chambers. With a quick clean up she falls back first on her mattress.

Head facing the ceiling she watches as the careful painting of stars glow in the night. Having help decorate the room Rill made it his goal to give her a night sky with special paint only visible in darkness. "Please let my sisters rest and may they all have a blissful life ahead of them," she softly whispered as a tear slips.

Creaking open she didn't bother to look at the visitor. "It appears we both couldn't sleep," Rill laughs off nervously. "Can I stay with you?"
"Go ahead," she spoke sitting up. Her curly locks reminding him so much of a clear blue sky and yet a dangerously promising sea.

Door locked behind him he quickly lays down and pulls her close to him. "Please don't tell me you're leaving me again. Seeing you so sad makes me sad," he whispers pressing a light kiss on top of her head.
"I'm not Amore will be," She replies shutting her eyes leaning into his warmth. He'd always comfort when she was upset and grew restless until he could lift her spirits.

"We can talk about it tomorrow on a date then," he smiles with a light blush. By the sound of his heartbeat he believed even she could hear.

...................

"Bye mom," in sync Daira, Zarya, and Rodia spoke with a nonchalant look as Zephyren sweatdrops.
"We'll only be separated for a few months probably," Rodia huffs as Daira crosses their arms and Darya nodded.
"This is the reality? .... I won't be held prisoner here? Despite everything we elves have done?" Lieve hesitated her fists clenched tightly.

"I owe Nurren everything without her assistance .... We wouldn't be brought back ..... So for us to do this in her place it's a solution we'll bare," Lunalia states.
"You both sure make it easier for Zephyren and Dahliana," Myrna yawns as she held a backpack slung over right shoulder with all four of her limbs well bandaged. "To bad the kids are going."

"You've chosen to leave as well?" Dahliana gasps.
"Yes but probably come back depending on the situation off in her mind," Myrna gestures over at Nurren who slumbered with more ease had it not been for their attempt of healing. "I also need to gather supplies for the smaller villages affected. Lesser known ones should be in need of it. Amias and Amyas will help deliver them."

"What will we do now that Nurren is asleep? How is Dahliana taking this?" At the last minute a fairly bandaged up Amberley questions in a hushed tone having Zephyren assist her to stand.
"Arrange a meeting with the wizard emperor and squad captains .... Dahli has been sent back to Azure Deers to rest she hasn't been able to leave Nurren's side and frankly I could barely leave yours," Zephyren admits. "You should see how Dahli looks right now. Nearly as bad as you."

Amberley lets out a hollow laugh as tears edge on the sides of her face. "What are we to do? She's not going to wake up. Myrna left with your kids and two traitors to this kingdom. How could I let this happen? I mean .... She told me little but still ..... This could've been prevented .... Loved by mana yet foresaken because of my abilities."

"Ley ..... I'm not allowed to fight anymore ... My lack of training led to this just as much as your actions did. Those injured .... Those loss in this was because we weren't strong enough apart .... Together we can help just as Myrna is doing her part. Nurren's hurt because she was alone and without Amore or Lunalia she wouldn't be alive. Less casualties were done because we assisted where we could not because of what is lacked. The decisions made were her own something inevitable."

"So we are allowed to stay and they have what? To go back in our tedious home with a lovely view," Ley sighs.

"There's something ..... You need to know about our homeland and the Clover kingdom ..... There's a grow in numbers of enemies. Word has spread of this place being weakened with the Clover Emperor and the Heart's Head Leach out of the way .... We aren't sure how long it'll take but the queen is concerned for our people .... They had to go ...."

The two adults murmur to one another as Amyas and Amias rest on either side of Nurren's resting figure.