Chapter Two

Eric's POV

------------------------------

There isn't a scratch on her. By the looks of it, she was able to slit all three throats of the dead men on the floor with ease. Her chocolate-brown hair doesn't look touched, and she doesn't look at all tired.

As for the room we're in, it's plain. The walls, floor and ceiling are grey concrete. The only source of light is the small, round light in the ceiling. There are three pools of blood on the floor. The blood is pouring out of the three men's necks.

"Name," I say, in a more demanding tone than a questioning one. My gun is pointed right at her, Lucas's too. The way she's holding her knife looks like she's ready to kill, again.

"Yours?" she asks.

"Eric," I answer. "And yours?"

"Davina."

Her eyes are almost hypnotising. She's one of those women who can get any man down on his knees for her, just by looking at them.

"Davina," I repeat. "that's a nice name."

"Who are you?"

Didn't I just say, 'Eric'?

"Alright Davina, let's do this the easy way. Who do you work for?" I ask, ignoring her question.

"The Russians." She's apart of the Russian Mafia? "I came here for Francisco's cocaine supply. I'm guessing you did too."

Lucas and I both nod.

"May I ask who you work for?" she asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Alfredo Romano."

Her face relaxes when she hears the name.

"Ah, the Italians," she smiles. There's something about her smile that throws me off, puts me in sort of a trance, but I quickly snap out of it. "I know Alfredo," she nods.

"Have you heard of him?" I ask, scrunching my eyebrows.

"Heard of him? I've met him, the man's despicable." How does she know my dad? I've never even seen this girl before.

"When did you two meet?"

"Years ago, but that's not important right now. I'll tell you what. You help me get rid of the cocaine, and this conversation never happened."

"Why would it matter?"

"Your father despises me. He thinks I'm dead. If he finds out I'm alive, he'll try to kill me...again."

I look at Lucas, who looks at me back, nodding in agreement. I've only known this girl for two minutes, but it feels like I can already trust her, even though her and my dad clearly have some sort of bad history.

What does she mean by 'he'll try to kill me again'? The Italian mafia did have a problem with the Russians, but that was years ago. This girl still would have been young. What could she possibly have done that made my father want her dead?

"Okay," I tell her. "So what's the plan?" Lucas and I lower our guns, and Davina's hand starts to relax.

Good. So she trusts us too.

"Okay. I already know where the supply is, it's in the basement." I was right. "I overheard Francisco talking to one of his guards, I just don't know where exactly the basement is. I thought this was it, but I think Francisco just put guards here to capture anybody who could possibly be looking for his cocaine. Luckily, I was able to kill these weak idiots before they hurt me. These guys didn't even have any weapons on them, so they might not actually be guards, but too late now. I came here with two other people, two guys, but I haven't seen them since we split off less than ten minutes ago. They could have walked into an empty room like us and ran into more guards, but they're most likely alive right now. They're good soldiers, well trained."

"Wait, where is Francisco? And where are the guards?" I ask.

"I've only seen Francisco once when he was talking to his guards over at the back wall. I don't know where the rest of the guards went, but I think two of them are Isabel's Chambelanes."

Lucas and I look at her in confusion. 'Chambelanes'? What the hell are those?

"I don't have time to explain, but they'll be near her the entire night. Their bowties will match her dress, but I actually haven't seen her, other then when she was outside taking pictures."

"What color's her dress?" Lucas asks.

"Red. Dark red."

Lucas and I nod.

"Do you have more people with you?"

"Four," Lucas responds.

"Okay, good. And they're alive?"

"Probably, but whatever could've happened to your soldiers might have happened to ours too. Two of them went down the left hallway, and the other two went down the right," I answer.

"One of mine went left and the other went right as well. Hopefully our soldiers don't kill each other."

"If your soldiers have a pretty face, then they'll be fine," I smirk, referring to Alex who thinks he can flirt his way out of everything. I look over to Lucas who's holding in a laugh.

Davina gives me a questioning look.

"Don't worry," I say, shaking my head. "So are the three of us gonna split up or no?"

She opens her mouth to speak, but we hear a loud explosion coming from another part of the house, followed by screams. Someone blew up the cocaine. I can't help but smirk, Davina does too. Whether it was the soldiers from our mafia or Davina's, it made me somewhat proud.

"They did it," she says, smiling.

"Yours or ours?" I ask.

"Let's go find out."

The three of us ready our weapons and run out of the room. Men, women, children are running around, trying to find an exit as the one at the front is crowded. Smoke has already started to fill up the room. People are coughing everywhere.

I still haven't seen Francisco yet. Is he even here anymore? And where is his daughter? I haven't seen her either.

"This way," Davina says, running to the right towards the hallway with smoke coming out from it. Lucas and I follow. This is the hallway Alex and Ben went through.

We run down the hallway trying to find the room where the smoke is coming from. I haven't seen Alex or Ben yet. Hopefully they're already out and didn't get caught. I hope Flynn and Dex made it out as well.

It's hard to see because of the smoke, the three of us are already coughing. There aren't any other people in this hallway other than us. We keep running, following Davina, when she stops to open a door to her left, but struggles.

"It's stuck!" she complains.

"Here." I hit the door aggressively with my shoulder a few times until it finally opens. This isn't where the smoke is coming from, but I see two silhouettes standing about five feet apart. Lucas and Davina and I rush in to see Alex with a gun in his hand and Ben restraining someone.

It's a girl.

Isabel.

------------------

Sorry if this chapter is kind of short, I just woke up bc I live in australia 😭 and I also think most of my readers live in america, so our timezones are different.

Btw, this book only had like 90 reads before I went to sleep and now it has like 370, so thank you so much!

Comment and vote!!