Twenty-one

They all walk back to the cabin. Loki didn't like that Beth was here.  And once they were back at the cabin, he changed back into his black haired, slick back self. Thor couldn't believe it. He had been a waiter. This was unlike Loki. But trying to stay Low and keep his head down, this was the best idea.

"What are you two doing here, no wait, Thor I know what you want, but Beth why are you here, this is not a game, you are in danger, and if you are with me, it's over, he will find us, and I don't know what he will do but they aren't happy bubble friends," he said. Well being a waiter had taken a toll on his speech.

"Loki, please, I know that he came for you because he visited me instead, but-"

"Did he hurt you, are you alright love, what did he say," Loki asks in a scare. Thor had never seen him like this. He really felt for her.

"I'm fine but he needs us both so even even if has you, he said he wanted me too, it doesn't matter that you are hiding, he will get you or he will get me and then you, regardless you need to come back," She said. Loki shook his head.

"I cannot, he wants me for his own sick purposes but you, he wants you to manipulate people for him, and I can handle him, but you, it would destroy you, I cannot allow you to get caught by this twisted being, you have to go," he said. But they couldn't get back. And they didn't have any way of getting back with out a portal. They would have to have doctor strange open it.

"Do you have a phone," Thor asks. Loki looks at him confused. His brows burrowed.

"No brother, I'm not a house husband I am a god, I don't have a phone," he said. Beth steps up to him.

"Loki, I'm sorry about what I said about you before, I didn't mean it," she said. He relaxes.

"Oh Beth, I was never angry with you, I left without saying goodbye, and I deserved it, I would never say this and if anyone tells anyone I said this I'll deny it, but you have changed me, I am not interested in revenge or pain just for pleasure," he said. She grinned.

"Loki, good news, we knew already," Thor said.

"Oh, really, well, I'm glad I could prove you right, but brother you really hurt Beth, and you didn't even realize, but I'm hurting Beth you angered me," he said. Thor grins at me.

"Yes brother we've established this and that is why I apologized to her and she forgave me, I worded things harshly," Thor spoke. Loki looked at Beth who nodded.

"Well then, you two really must be going," Loki said.

"We can't get back without a portal, so you'll have to Astro- project and send word to Strange," Thor said. Loki sighed rolling his eyes.

"I'm furious with him now, but I guess If it sends you two back, I will do it," he said. Thor looked at me and motioned me over to him. Loki sat in the floor with his hands on his knees and closed his eyes.

"What are we going to do," Beth asked Thor. Thor looked at Loki who wasn't paying attention because he was out of body.

"When he opens the portal I'll hug my brother, pulling him with me," Thor whispered. Beth boss and smiles at him.

"But he's a trickster what if he realizes that we plan to do that, and makes a copy," she asks. He thought that was a great question.

"We make sure he isn't untouchable first, that's how," he said. Right, the real Loki can be touched. That's right.

"Alright, he said he would be ready in just a few moments, so , stand outside, wait for the portal, I'll wait in the door to see you off," Loki said. Thor looks at Beth.

"You two think I'm stupid don't you, you plan to shove me through the portal, I am not def, I was simply Astro projecting," Loki said. Beth sighs. And she looks at Thor.

"He caught us, we may as well leave him here," Beth said. She was disappointed but Thor had a better idea.

"I will tell you what Loki, we will see after you find out that strange can bring you back at any moment, and when I tell him to bring you back, he will, and you remember how painful that is right," Thor said. Loki shook his head.

"You can try, but we both know brother, you won't force him to do that," Loki said. Beth grabs Thor's arm.

"Forget it Thor, if he wants to be away from us let him, better to cower here than face the truth back home," Beth said. Loki drops his arms and expression. Something outside started to light up. And that's when the portal opened. She walked past him, shoving him with her arm.

"Beth," he said. She ignored him. And Thor followed her. But so did Loki.

"Let's go Thor, everyone is waiting," she said. As Thor walked through the portal first she looked back at Loki.

"I hope he does find me first, then maybe I can forget about you," she said as she walks into the portal. She steps out with Thor. And strange looks at her. Thor looks at her and she looked heart broken.

Her heart was torn but Strange and Thor kept looking at her. And her tears began to fall. And she couldn't help it. She was falling for him and he was pushing her away.

"Beth," Thor said. She straightens herself. She grins sadly at him. He points at her. But she didn't understand.

"Beth look," Thor said as she turned. And there he was. Her favorite person in the world. And he stood with his arms crossed. Looking ashamed.

"Loki."