Eighteen

It had been three hours since Beth had taken a slumber. And she was waking up. Wanda sat in her room with her. But she felt responsible for her passing out. However Beth had gotten plenty of rest. And she was so rested that when she opened her eyes she breathed a breath of fresh air. She remembered all of it. But she was energized. Her power was surged to the max. The rind had been hidden and she was okay with the feeling she now had.

Wanda kept regretting every minute of what happened. She should have never let her go through with it. But around this place specifically with the avengers, people and hero's always healed fast. It wasn't a surprise when she seen Beth raise up in her bed. And she looked as if she had been asleep for days. But it had only been three hours. And she was so rested that she was ready to run a marathon. She felt so hyped up. And then it hit her.

"They can see him now, all but you," Beth spoke as she sat at the side of her bed looking at Wanda. Wanda nods.

"Well actually I can, but it involves telepathy," she spoke. Beth was some what shocked.

"You can get into my mind and see him?" Beth asked. Wanda nods. She knew what it would do to someone like her. That kind of power would be dangerous for her but also not as powerful as moving heavy objects such as chemical trucks or large houses.

"That's really cool Wanda, and hey none of this is your doing, I knew the risks," Beth said as she stood from her bed. She hadn't been changed and was still wearing that same leather.

"I guess I should change," Beth told Wanda.

"Yeah, I should tell everyone that you are awake and doing very well," she said jokingly. Beth grinned and nodded to her.

Beth dressed different after Wanda left. She wore black leather tights, a tank top and a leather jacket with stripes. It was a half leather jacket or what one would call "cropped" in a sense. And she put leather boots on. Her hair fell over her shoulders. And she was ready to greet the others. And to see if it worked. I hate her she seen they would see, as far as Moduir, that's the only one they could see.

She turned to walk out when Bruce comes into her room. Of course they had to make all the doors hood size for him. And he smiled when he sees her. It made sense for him to think a lot of her. They had been working together. And they were both smart.

"I'm glad you're doing well, and happy to see you up and walking," he said. She smiles.

"Yes well, I guess that power surge caused me to grasp a little more energy than normal," she said.

"I guess it did, everyone is waiting to see you, downstairs, in the main room," he said. She nods at him and follows after him.

Both of them walk to the main room, where all of the costumes and training areas were laid out. She walks in with Bruce and all the others are mingling with cups in their hands. It looked like a celebration. Of course, they would only be celebrating her safety and success of the surge. And of all the people gathered one of those catches her eye. A black haired man, with black pants and a black shirt on, more like a suit. Piercing eyes. And he was happy but scared for her all in one.

"Beth, you're awake," Bucky said rushing to her. Embracing her in a hug. He also had black hair. And wore black. Loki seemed rather jealous. But Bucky liked Beth. They were really close too.

"Yes I am, and what is this," she asked. Thor joins her.

"A celebration of your health and our new found power," he says. Loki raises his brows as if taken back by his words.

"My my brother, aside from the new found power, you really know how to throw a celebration party, she hasn't been her two minutes and you're smothering her, she didn't give you a power, she gave you all the ability to see Modiur as we both have," Loki says. Thor looks at his brother.

"I would like to think of it as a new found ability as well as a power that out Beth has been harboring," Thor says. Loki crosses his arms in disbelief.

"She hasn't harbored anything, she had a gift, to manipulate the mind, and she can, that's her gift not ours, she's not some common denominator whose gift is only as good as it's vessel, she was born with a true power, a gift that only I could wish to have, and you treat it as a common thing," Loki says. Bruce steps towards Loki. But Thor stops him.

"My my brother, you sure don't want her being compared to the rest of us, is there a reason she sparks your imagination," Thor asks. Beth looked at Thor as if he didn't care who she was, but she was like the rest of them and that's all that mattered. And she felt as if she wasn't important. But she looked at Loki and he shook his head while furrowing his brows and in disbelief.

"Brother, Everyone here as their own special power, you are the god of thunder, Wanda has telepathy, Hulk is, well, he's green and big, and Beth is, very unique, I pegged you for a hard ass brother but to not recognize true power, that's insulting, to her, if it were me-"

"Well it's not you, Loki, it's Beth and I was not insulting her, I was thanking her for allowing us to share her power with her, to see this TVA ass hole who's been harassing you both so if you do not mind can we please get back to it," Thor said. But Beth still felt, insulted. And Loki being who he is, nods and walks away.

"By all means, party until your heart gives out," he says before walking out. That scared Beth, to no means. But he was angry. And he had a right to be. He pretty much insulted Beth without realizing it. But he did. And she knew it. Even if he didn't see it, she seen it, as did the rest of them. Captain came to Thor and he dragged him aside.

"Thor I'm not sure you realize but your brother had a right to be angry and Beth was a little taken back by how you viewed her and while I agree everyone here is different and special I also know a pained look when I see one, and Beth had it," Captain said. Thor sighs.

"I know you're right, and I feel terrible now, and what I said to Loki, I knew better, my brother won't admit his feelings towards her, and she refuses to as well, and by pushing him to do so, I over stepped," Thor says. The captain nods to him.

"Yeah you did bud," he says. Thor looks at the captain. He just felt horrible. He knew better. But he wanted so badly for Loki to admit his feelings to her. And while that may bot happen soon, he knew that were both feeling something. He had never seen his brother this worked up over a girl from Midgard. He hated Midgard people. But this one he liked and maybe loved.