Loki had a way with words. He had been on earth plenty of times, and he understood the language but he kept to his true way of speaking a lot of times. Beth breathes in. And relies a breath. Loki walks closer to the glass. Thor stands up straight. As if to say back away. But Loki didn't listen. He gives a smirk.

"So nice of you, I honestly thought you were leaving me here to rot," he says. Thor shakes his head.

"No brother, she's not your companion, she is here because she can manipulate your mind, and find the answers we are looking for," Thor said. Loki's widened as he come to realize his power didn't work in the cell. And he would not have a shield over his own mind in here.

"It's come to this now," he said. He looked at Beth. And he smiled, genuinely.

"You might not like what you see love," he said, backing away. And he sits down once more, alone and by himself. With nothing but a book.

"I don't particularly care what you've done, but you came back, and we want to know how you escaped and what the reasons for capturing you were to begin with, get use to my face, you'll be seeing it a lot more," she snaps at him. He looks from Thor to Falcon and back to her, and then stops at Thor again.

"I like her already," he says. Thor snickers. His eyes rolling, something humans did a lot of.

"Can it brother, she's not your quest or your friend, she's your worst enemy, so get ready," Thor says. Beth clears her throat.

Thor looks at her. And Loki is watching between them. She waved her hand to Loki's cage, using her ability to shut his hearing from them. He opens his mouth smiling. Knowing she was talking about him, without him being able to hear.

"He likes book doesn't he?"
She asks. Thor looks at her confused by the question.

"Yes but what does that have to do with picking his brain," Thor asked. Falcon watched as Loki talked but they couldn't hear him. She had silenced him. He was impressed.

"I can get him to talk without using my ability, but I need his favorite book, do you know what that is?" She said. He looked at his brother. And his brother was throwing his hands up screaming but they couldn't hear him. Then Thor turned back to her.

"I will get it for you, there is a copy somewhere in the library, but don't get to closed, he's tricky," he told her. She nods. And waves her hands. So that Loki could hear and speak again.

"Seriously, I like you witch, that power, it's like nothing I've seen before," he says. She gets closer to the glass.

"I'm not a witch, I'm your worst nightmare, so don't go to sleep, because when you do, I will bring your worst fears to life," she says. He drops the smirk. Fearing her ability. Without his power he was powerless. And he knew that.

Thor and Falcon showed her to the library. Where they sifted through the books looking for a certain favorite of Loki's. He found himself loving mortal books. Being on earth showed him a few things and opened a few doors. He was drawn to poetry but he was also drawn to a few novels. One being Beauty and the beast. Not the Disney classic but more of the twisted version. One where the beast loves to be in control of Belle. Not because he loves her but because all he knew was how to control everyone he came across.

Loki was much like the beast in his mind. He thought himself a hero. But didn't all villains? Not that Loki was a villain but he was not the hero. He was misunderstood in his mind. And being lied to could do damage to anyone. And it did some damage to him. He wanted all control. Over so much. Including human kind. But now that he was back, he didn't want that, he wanted away from the ones that captured him. He didn't like them. They called themselves the TVA. That is all Loki wanted to remember. He didn't want to recall the torment they put him through.

"I found it," Thor tells. Beth look me at him, placing her books back on the shelf. Falcon joins Thor, as Beth did. Thor looks at the cover.

"The chilling truth about Beauty and the Beast." Thor spoke. It was the darker version of the Disney movie classic we all loved. But it wasn't so dark. Belle and the beast still fell in love.

"He likes a Disney book that was written in a dark twisted version?" Beth asked. Thor shrugged.

"He talked about it after we captured him, before he used the tesseract to leave earth," Thor said. Beth shrugs and takes the book from him. She would have to read it in order to get a sense of what it was about. Not that she didn't have an idea, it was written on the cover.

They left the library, Beth began to read the book. Walking through the hall after Thor and Falcon. Passing a few members: Bucky, Barton and Wanda. They didn't say a word, but they watched as she stuck her self deeper into the book, reading it as fast as counting to ten. She was so quick, it took her five minutes to finish the book. She slams it, taking a deep breath. And what she had read, scared her.

Everyone had their jobs right? She was supposed to manipulate Loki, Bucky was suppose to be the operations knee. When something went wrong, he would call in the others. Thor and Falcon were on Beth duty, keeping her safe from Loki. Not that he would have any power over her, he was locked away right? Exactly.

"How can your brother like this book, he is a monster, given she still loves him, but he's twisted," Beth said in disgust. Thor shrugs.

"Loki thinks he is the beast, not capable of love, or any emotion, just being dominant in any relations, for example, brothers, he wants control of me, and the human race, if he has any relations with anyone he thinks he's the dominant, he relates to the beast," he said. She gave him a sick face, like she was going to throw up.

"He raped her, no doubt she liked it a little, but that's horrible," Beth spoke. Thor nods and shrugs at her. That's where that conversation stood. Wanda interrupted.

"If i May, I believe he was misunderstood, being cursed had its flaws, and he felt like no one could love him, so when he found out Belle loved him, he denied it, he became what he feared most, the ending was happy though, and even though he raped her, thinking she would hate him, she understood him," Wanda says. Because that made everything clear for Beth.

"No, that's no way to treat anyone," she said tucking the book under her suite. And she looked at Thor. He smiles amused at her. She was confused but didn't ask why he thought that was funny.

"Anyway, I guess I should get settled and then tomorrow, I will work on getting some answers," Beth speaks. Falcon clears his throat and looks at Wanda. He tells her to show Beth to her room. Wanda did as he asked.

On the way she met Peter Parker, a now eighteen year old who was really into talking. She wasn't rude, she nods as he introduced himself. And then Wanda saved her from that of Peter. Beth did not like giddy conversations. She had a reputation for being a basic ass. But she wanted to remain that way. Because in her experience everyone who pretended to love you, well they didn't. And she hated getting close to anyone. And that was going to come in handy over the next little bit.

"Alright, this is your room, you will stay here until we can get some answers and we feel it is safe for you to go home," Wanda tells her. Beth nods.

And the conversation ends there. Nothing else is said about Loki or the book. Wanda just leaves her to her thoughts. Beth takes the book out again. She throws it on the desk next to the wall. There is a twin size bed, with silk covers to the right as you walk in. The desk on the other side of the wall. The bay window is as big as a door, but it is just that, a window. There is a door beside the desk, with a button on the side.

Beth pushed the button and the door slid open, and inside were clothes hung. Mostly leather attire. So they took the time to read her credentials. She loved leather, but she also loved dark clothes. She wore a lot of dark clothes. And eyeliner. Her skin was in between fair and light. More like porcelain. And silky smooth.

"Well, welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D." She says. Taking a breath.