Three

The first day on the job, she needed to look hard core and bad ass. So wearing her leather would do that for her. She needed him to know she was serious. She would gain his trust, use his favorite book as the first step. And dressing in her dark leather attire, she took a last look in her mirror. And she headed to his chambers. Her nerves were out of place but she kept herself together. Nodding at those she passed. On her way down, Bucky rounds the corner. He goes around her but she has a sudden urge to call out to him. He stops as she calls his name. He turns to her. He crosses his arms.

"I feel that I should say I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get rude with you, yesterday, I can be.."

"A hard ass, or how about overly mean, I get that I almost destroyed the city and so many people Beth, but I have changed, and I am no longer under control of the ones that did that to me," he says. He explained himself, and Beth felt terrible about her hostility towards him. He wanted to be a friend to her. And she didn't know how to be friends, but she didn't need to be rude either.

"I apologize, can we start over," she asked. He looks up and sighs. He sticks his hand hand for her to shake.

"I'm Bucky," he says. She grins taking his hand and shaking it.

"Beth," she says. He smiles and drops her hand. She lingers for a moment longer before he realizes she's on her way to see Loki in the holding chambers. He allows her to go ahead.

She goes down to the chambers, where Bruce or hulk, is behind the monitors. She waved to him, she hadn't met him personally just seen him. They had never talked. Loki notices her company, and he stands up, walking over to the glass. A grin plastered on his face. Hulk waves back to her.

"Bruce or Hulk," she asks. Loki keeps an eye on her at all times. He seen something crazy about her. Something wolf.

"Whichever you prefer," he says. He's green and big but talking as a human.

"I'll just stick with Bruce," she said. He nods to her in response. It was weird seeing him like this, for Loki. He was use to him smashing things, including him. And he didn't fear him, but he didn't like his presence.

"Well then I'll just call you Beth," Bruce says in response. She grins and nods to him. She liked him, he was nice. And it was odd seeing him in his glasses being big and green.

"Okay Bruce, open the door," she says. Talking about Loki's chamber. He salutes her and pushes his buttons. She walks over to his door. He sits back down when the door slides open. She tosses the book into him. She had it tucked in her suite.

He looked at the book, and then to her. He was surprised by the kindness and he was also curious. If Loki knew anything, it was, no one was nice for no reason. And he would know. He was the god of Mischief. He knew when people were playing other people. He done it often. He picks it up and looks at it.

"So, tell me Beth, to what do you owe this pleasure," he said sarcastically. As he usually was. She crosses her arms. No notebook or anything to take notes with, it was just her. She had great memory recollection.

"No words, hmm, you seemed pretty confident yesterday, what happened, you read the book?" He said. She wandered if he knew what she was thinking. How he could see it on her face. The book was repulsive to her. And she didn't like it. And she couldn't believe he would even think, he was like the beast. If he liked what the beast done, he was worse.

"Awe come on love, what makes humans so emotional, is it the need to be dominated, or maybe the need for submission," he said standing. She felt uncomfortable. Bruce began to growl but Beth put her hand up to him. Bruce backed off. She had this covered. Loki smiled, as if to say she was only a weak human. Or maybe the smile was a genuine insult to her.

"Come on, don't tell me you fear what is in this book, most women enjoy this kind of dominance," he said getting closer. She didn't stand down. Instead she waved her hand and he stops where he stood. Unable to move but he could look at her. She had controlled his mind, to stop him from taking anymore steps. And she was doing well. He was under her control now.

"Let this be a warning, God of Mischief, if you try anything, I will kill you myself, and the book, it was a peace offering, I did read it, but I fear you have no idea what women like, but maybe I'll show you, maybe I'll make you beg me to stop, and then let's see who is dominant," she said as she swiped her hand and released him.

He backed away and sat back down slowly. He knew then, she was not playing games with him. And the anger on his face o lay told her, he did not like her. But in a way, he did. She was bad ass, and he liked that. He liked that she had the power to control him. He found it blood rushing. Hulk smiles from where he stands. She looks at Loki one last time before stepping outside of his door. Bruce locks the door and Loki doesn't look up to meet her gaze. She turns around to walk away but Loki speaks. And she stops.

"You won't get them, the answers you yearn for, I've hidden them, if you don't intend to use that power of yours, it's all for nothing," he says. Looking up at her. She takes one step closer to the glass.

"I'll take that chance."

And she left. He was in shock of her power. She showed some truly amazing power. And he liked it. But he wasn't going to let her dig into his mind, not unless she used that power she was hiding, to make him. He would never talk to her. And that was okay for now, but eventually he would have to.