Twelve

Beth was shocked by what Loki had told her. And she wanted to get him out of there. They were using him. They planned for him to be captured Thor. They wanted all of them together to destroy them all and realign their plans. But what plan did they have after that? Was there a grand plan? Something to look forward to after they destroy everyone?

"Loki, you said they wanted to destroy us all.. what is the plan after that," Beth asked. He shook his head.

"I don't know, they never talked about what happened after nuclear war," he said. She was at a stand still.

"Do they have the ability to mess with time," she asked him. He nods to her.

"They are there to keep people from traveling from one timeline to another, when I escaped I was captured, shown things from years to come, and now I'm here in the year I would have been, and I still can't actually recall the memories," he said. She nodded to him. It must've been hard for him, not remembering everything but being told that it happened.

"We have to tell Thor, and get you out of here," she says turning around. He grabs her arm. And looks up at her.

"It won't matter Beth, they'll find us," he said. She stands, at a loss for words. And she doesn't know what else to say.

"How long," she asks. He lets go of her.

"Three weeks at the most, maybe sooner," he said. Well, that wasn't why she wanted to hear. But she knew it would be pretty soon.

"Join us, fight," she said. He snaps his attention to her. He was in shock of that statement. He didn't want to join forces with his brother.

"I'm not one of you, I will not see harm come to you Beth, I find you rather Comfortable but I will not join the likes of my brother," he says sitting down. She crosses her arm in disbelief.

"You want to protect me Loki, join us, fight beside me, not Thor, not Falcon, me," she said. He snaps his attention to her.

"What is it I find amusing about the likes of you, I should feel a sudden urge to drain your life force but I cannot," he said. She rolls her eyes and shakes her head at his urge to try and deflect his feelings.

"We are both monsters, maybe that's why we get along better than most," she said. He chuckled.

"I'm a monster, you are a dream come true," he says. She blushes at him. And when she realizes she is blushing she turns away from him. And tries to take a breath.

"Miss Thomas, I feel it best to warn you, I have betrayed my brother so many times, he wouldn't allow me out of this cage," he said. She turns around.

"I can deal with him, my power is more than anyone realizes and I think..."

"No, I've seen your power, if you rely on it alone, it can overtake you, I will just make myself comfortable in this glass containment," he said. She grunts. He finds her amusing.

"Besides, Thor wouldn't give me my daggers, he doesn't trust me, as well he shouldn't," Loki says. Beth walks closer to him, and bends to him. Looking him in the eyes. He's taken back by her sudden closeness.

"Then prove it to him, I trust you," she tells him. He lingers, looking at her for a moment and then jerks away from her. She stands up.

"Okay, fine, you want Thor to be the one to release you, without my power of persuasion?" I asked. He laughs.

"I like you Beth, persistent, yes, that would be a great start to a beautiful bond my brother and I have never had," he said. She shakes her head and runs out, closing the door behind her.

He stands up, hands against the glass watching her. He knew what she wanted him to do. He would love to fight beside his new found friend, but he didn't like fighting much, and Thor would never go for it. So his mind wandered a little longer. And as soon as he sits down, the voice comes back, along with a projection of the man who was behind the operation. Mobius.

"You like her, the great Loki, falling for a woman, seems unlike you," he says to Loki. Loki doesn't talk to him, he keeps his head down. Mobius paces the cell.

"I may spare her, take her for myself, when all of this is over," he said. Loki snaps his head up.

"No, leave her, she's none of your concern," he snaps. Mobius chuckles.

"Ooh, we have a soft spot for her, much like you mother I'm sure," he says taunting Loki. Outside the lab, Bucky stood listening to Loki, it was a one sided conversation, just Loki speaking.

"She's kind, and she is amusing, I like that she's gentle and she trusts me," Loki says. Mobius stops where he stood.

"Well, no matter, you've always been a monster," he said. Loki begins to tear up.

"She will see you as one, in time," he says before disappearing. Loki places his face in his hands. Not able to control the rage within him. She was making him soft. To soft. But he wanted to protect her. He liked that she was so soft with him.

"I'm sorry Beth, but It's for your own good," he says. His choice was simple, pretend to not care, do t speak with her. Leave her in the dark, so that Mobius would not have leverage over him. Although he knew he was falling for her, he couldn't make it known. And Bucky heard what he said.

In the meeting room, Beth was trying to reason with Thor. He wouldn't listen to her. He kept dodging her. Telling her it was dangerous. But she kept on and on. Saying he was changing. He was different from when they first met, and he was going through motions. Thor wasn't having it. They had no idea that Loki was visited again.

Bruce excused himself, going to the lab. Bucky stops him on the outside. Telling him what he heard. He was afraid that she was going to be hurt by him. But he didn't want to hurt her. She understood him and she liked that he relates to him, as he did. But Bruce entered, and watched Loki, as he wiped his eyes.

"Are you okay," he asks Loki. Loki straightens up.

"Of course I am, I'm a god," he said. Bruce rolls his eyes knowing he was only deflecting the question.

"Beth said she wanted you to fight along side her," Bruce said. Loki shakes his head.

"And what is your thoughts," he asks Bruce.

"You've got nothing else better to do, you may as well be useful," Bruce says. Loki chuckles Silently.

Beth walks in, with a very angry look on her face. She looks really upset. And she should be. Thor basically spit in her face. And she was upset. But Loki didn't want her getting close to him. For her own safety. So he turns his back and speaks, not meaning it.

"I will tell Bruce everything I know but I want you to leave me be," he says to Beth. She couldn't believe he said that to her. She comes closer to the glass.

"You don't meant that," she says. But she couldn't read his mind. He turns, acting like he's in a rage.

"I DONT WANT YOU HERE, YOU MAKE ME ANGRY, INFECTING ME," he screams. She doesn't believe a word he is saying.

"Before it's over, you will all kneel before me, begging me for mercy, and I will finish you last, so you can watch all of them, die," Loki says. It scares her to the point she turns her back to him shaking.

"You really are a monster," she said. Walking away. Bruce watched as he sunk into his cell. He didn't believe what Loki said. He watched him for weeks, and he had never seen anyone change so much.

"That wasn't true," Bruce said. Loki looks at him tears streaming his face.

"She believed it,"