F O R T Y - T H R E E

MEETING;

Elle's pov

I was sitting in the courtyard, studying as I sat in the grass. Leaning against Draco, his arm around my waist; I chatted with my friends. Neville, Luna, Ginny, and Hannah were in a clump with us—all doing separate things.

Luna laid on her back, reading a book as she rested her head in Ginny's lap. Ginny stroked Luna's hair gently with the back of her hand. Neville and Hannah sat on the right of them, working on their Herbology homework, their laps crossed. Then there was Draco and me, we sat before them; I did Defense homework, whilst Draco did Charms.

The chilling breeze grazed past my cheek, I stooped more into Draco for comfort and warmth. "If only Scotland could be warmer, " I muttered, shaking my head.

I hadn't intended for anyone to hear my banter, but everyone in the circle (more like lumpy triangle) supposedly had.

"I know, right?" said Hannah, smiling as she continued to read a book: Neville's copy of Winogrand's Wondrous Water Plants by Selina Sapworthy. Draco looked down at me, his hand stroking the side of my hip, a small smile curling on his lips.

We had waited all week to talk about things. So, it's Sunday, and I have a 'meeting' with Draco and one other. I have no clue who this other person is, and it's making me anxious.

Why does this other person have to be there for our conversation?

I questioned Draco about it a few times, but dropped it after he continued to give me the same answer: "They just do."

I looked around the courtyard, chewing on the inside of my cheek. My gaze slowly drew past a clock, catching a glimpse of the time it read. I looked back at it with a squint. I suddenly jolted, elbowing Draco in the side.

"What the hell?" Draco grumbled lowly, his jaw tightening as he looked down at me, his eyes wide and anxious.

I tapped his shoulder, pointing at the clock.

"Oh."

I saw Draco clear his throat and look around; all whilst picking up his things. I followed, glancing over at the group. "Alright guys, " I said softly, standing up. All their eyes flew up to me, besides Luna's, she continued to read.

"Draco and I have somewhere to be, I'll see you all around. Good luck with your work, " I said, quickly waving with a warm smile.

They all smiled in acknowledgment, waving back.

I looked over at Draco. He was standing there with my bag over one shoulder, his over the other. My cheeks slowly grew warm as I wrapped my arm around his waist, waiting for him to lead the way.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, and we began walking.

I curiously looked up at Draco, watching as his eyes hurriedly scanned the corridors. I kept watching him, kept reading him, kept seeing as different expressions flashed across his solemn face.

Draco seemed content, for the most part, but I could pick up little flashes of uncertainty here and there.

"I'm glad we're doing this," I said, still looking up at him. Surprisingly, Draco's hard face softened, he glanced down at me, a small smile written on his lips.

"Yeah?" he asked, raising his brows. I smiled with a nod, "yeah," I answered. Draco rubbed the side of my arm, leaning forward as he placed his soft lips on mine. He pulled back, his small smile being returned for a wide one.

"Me too," he whispered.

I smiled, looking ahead. I took a glimpse to my right, the sun shining through the windows catching my eye. I closed my eyes for a moment, letting the warmth hit me. But I soon opened them, wanting to take in the beauty of it all.