xxiv : keep it hidden

Start from the beginning

"Thanks."
i saw a small smile curving on his lips as he skated back towards the locker room to change.

"I should have said impressive instead earlier. hmph!"
Jungwon crossed his arms in front ofnhis chest and pouted.

what was that?

_____________

13 : 34 : 52

3 days before the carnival.

I think Sunghoon is okay now... he can still perform even without his signature skates and i know he'll nail it. 

The sabotage that happened remained hidden to everyone with only us that knew it. We did anything we can do to use it for further investigation. forensics didn't saw anything from the scene. no fingerprint, no clues. The killer must have used gloves to kill the small dog and paint the walls with blood. some of the equipment were burned making it unrecognizable anymore. 

With that, we just continued our investigation with yeonwoo while preparing for the carnival.

Right now, I am inside the private room with Jungwon, Heeseung, Sunoo and Ayaka. 

Jake was out to his laboratory while Jay is with Yeonwoo, probably doing things what lovers often do. if you know, you know.

"haven't y'all noticed it?"
Jungwon suddenly chimed, gathering everyone's attention towards him. He is on my side, casually reading a.....

riddle book?

"Noticed what?"
Ayaka, who was scrolling on her phone looked at him with her eyebrows arhed.

"There's something going on between Jay-hyung and Jake-hyung."

Something's going on between those two?

"we all know how contradicting their beliefs are. It isn't abnormal, Jungwon."
heeseung, who was on his swivel chair replied to him without even looking. I looked at what he's doing...

riddles?

"But you can also feel it. Right, Heeseung-hyung?... Jay-hyung seems to be growing more and more distant with jake-hyung...."

"You're being paranoid, wonnie. Do not overreact everything."
Sunoo,who was sitting on Ni-ki's chair in front of the grand piano chuckled at Jungwon. Jungwon just shrugged his shoulder and went back to reading.

"Why are you reading that?"
I thought they were reviewing earlier. Now I am curious why are they all focused in reading riddles.

"This?"
Jungwon raised the riddles book he was reading. I just nodded my head to agree.

"for the carnival- oh you don't know it yet?!!"
It felt like he realized something he should have told me sooner. he jolted up from his seat and walked towards me.

"The Carnival isn't just a festival. During the first day, an event will commence and all of the students will be joining it."
he started.

An event?

"the event is like a treasure-hunt, mafia-game like event. every students will be using a walkie talkie provided by the school in which will help them find the treasures.  there will be cards scattered all around the school in that day and if you found one, you can contact the faculty and they will ask you a riddle."

"If you answered right, you can have the chance to keep the card. each card has points on them, the points and difficulty varies on what color the card is. either bronze, silver and gold. the more the cards you have, the higher your points will be.  at the end of the day, a tally will happen and the top 50 who got the highest scores will earn a prize. I heard it is really extravagant this year so we are looking forward to it!"