04.| ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛꜱ [1]

Zacznij od początku

So now Hope only thought of the easiest way to find her which was pulling the fire alarm. All the students ran past her. But none of them were Lydia. She sighs as she continues to walk through the hall. She then stops walking and tries to focus her hearing.

"Come on Hope..." She whispers to herself.

"Is there a problem?" Lydia questions.

"Yeah... Derek would like to kindly ask you to stop seeing Aiden."

"Gotcha." Hope whispers to herself before she runs to the teacher's office.

"Let go. I said—"

"Let go." Hope interrupts, her eyes glow yellow as she stands by the doorway. "She said let go."

The girl releases her grip on Lydia's hand. "You must be Hope Mikaelson."

Hope eyes the girl. "That's good. You know me. Now, who the hell are you?"

"Cora Hale— also known as Derek's sister, remember we told you about her?" Lydia says as she rubs her wrists.

Hope hums. "Okay... well let's go. Stiles needs you."

With that, they both walk out of the office and into another classroom where Stiles wanted to meet them both in. Cora followed behind as they searched for Stiles. Once they arrived, Stiles was quick to throw an Ouija board onto the desk— in front of Lydia.

Lydia raises her brows, sighing. "An ouija board?"

"Also called a spirit board. And, it's worth a shot..." Stiles explains as he unboxes the item.

"A shot in the dark." Lydia huffs.

Stiles impatiently rolls his eyes. "Could you just try it, please?" he places the board game in front of them. "Okay, let's not forget who this is for— Scott's boss, the guy who has saved our collective asses on more than one occasion."

Cora narrows her eyes. "Oh, wait. Should we all do this?"

Stiles looks up nodding. "Yeah. Yeah. You guys ready?"

"Yeah."

"Yep."

"Yes."

Now all of their fingers were on the eyepiece of the game.

"Where's Dr. Deaton?"

The room went silent. The group waits a few seconds before they glance at Lydia.

Lydia finally came to realization and she looks at them in confusion. "I don't know the answer. I thought we were asking some sort of spirit..."

"Well, do you know any spirits?" Cora questions earning a snort from Hope.

"I-is she for real?"

The three lower their heads on the desk in frustration while Lydia glances at them, completely confused.

"What? I'm not a psychic."

Hope rolls her eyes. "Yes, but you're a banshee so I don't see how this is impossible for you to do. Just like— work your magic."

Lydia shoots Hope a look. "You've got to be kidding me. Aren't you the actual witch here! Can't you whip up a spell and help us."

"It doesn't work like that and it's not that easy. I can't do a locator spell if I don't have any personal belongings of this doctor." Hope explains.

Stiles pulls the key out of his pocket. "Would these help?"

The next few minutes were spent by Lydia and Hope trying to figure out a way to find Deaton but of course, they kept hitting dead end after dead end. It was frustrating. But Lydia and Scott concluded that Danny had been the one they needed to be with as of right now.

So the group split up, Stiles and Hope went to the hospital and through Danny's bag where they found out that Danny was doing a project for Mr.Harrison's class. They both assumed it meant more than it seemed so they gave Scott a call to let him know.

"Deaton's got to be at one of the six locations, but they're all over town. I don't know how we can get to all of them fast enough." Scott says over the line:

Stiles sighs as he walks beside Hope. "Well, we might not have to. Danny was doing a project on something for Mr. Harris' physics class, and I think it actually means something."

"What project?"

Hope takes the paper from out of her pocket, unfolding it so that she could read the name. "Something on... telluric currents."

The line goes silent... Scott finally speaks up. "Did you say currents?"

Both Stiles and Hope share a look. "Yeah."

Once they were done catching Scott up on what they found, they made their way to the animal clinic where they met Scott, Lydia, and Cora.

Cora shakes her head, still not understanding the given information. "Okay, so what does this kid's homework have to do with finding Deaton?"

"Because it's not just homework, okay? It's a project on geomagnetic fields." Stiles explains. "They flow through the earth. They can even be affected by lunar phases, all right?"

Hope nods, she backs him up while she continues flipping the pages. "Now, look at this-- this is a note from Harris on Danny's proposal."

Lydia looks down at the written small paragraph in red. "I strongly advise you to choose another topic. The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class."

"Harris wasn't just a sacrifice-- he knew something."

"Mhm, Now, check this out—Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, all right?" Hope unfolds the map and shows it to the group. "Your Danny friend had one, too. Danny marked all the telluric currents, okay? Now, the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it actually is a beacon-- you wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through the earth is around this town."

"Hope, look. They match!" Scott points out as he begins to circle certain areas. "All right, there's three places, right? Where they're kidnapped, and then the place where their body was found."

"Look, that's right on the telluric current."

"So, maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between?"

Stiles takes the pen from Scott. "Let me see that. You said there's six more bodies to be found. Deaton's one of them. Gotta be somewhere in between, right?"

"Stop." Cora grabs Stiles' hand and puts the pen above the vault. "He's in the vault-- the same vault."

With that they gather the map and papers, they were just about to run out but Lydia and Cora both stay behind.

"Guys, hold on—"

"Lydia, we don't have time—"

"It's Boyd. The plan didn't work. They cut the power." Cora tells the group, looking up from her phone and at them.

Scott was stunned. "It's just like he said... Go. I can save Deaton myself."

"What? Scott, what about us?"

"Cora can't get there fast enough without you. And Hope is crazy fast. Go. We can save both of them."

With that Scott runs out of the room. Hope, Lydia, Stiles, and Cora on the other hand road together hoping they'd make it on time. Once they arrived at Derek's loft the group stood outside the door.

"Okay, what do we do?" Stiles questions, coming to a complete stop.

"We pull them. Pull all of them."

And so that's exactly what they did. But once they got through they were too late. Boyd was dead. Cora cried out as she laid on the dead teen's body. Derek's sad eyes traveled the room, he gives Hope a confused look.

They hadn't met yet, and Hope had wished it wasn't under these circumstances.