PRESIDENT'S SPEECH

JENNIE

From the day we last saw each other when she signed the divorce papers, it was never an easy ride for me.
Yes, big opportunities came in hosting and mentoring.
I got to build my own restaurant and I created new recipes on the menu.
In two months time, I risked for another branch because the main branch became a hit.

Lisa's father had a stroke.
I also visited him at the hospital just when Lisa was not around. Not that I am avoiding her. But this is to help us move on.
When Dad was good to be transferred at their house, I also visit Mom and him from time to time.

La Maison.
Hyeri told me that three branches are closing.
Only the main branch where I worked was retained.
It was a hard decision for Lisa but she had to.
She can no longer think well Hyeri said.
As much as I want to visit Lisa, I really can't.

Mama Joan.
We're still in contact. But Mama Joan never made me feel sad. She promised to take care of Lisa. But sometimes she slipped that there was never a night that Lisa is not drunk.

I made Jisoo confessed to me.
There were a lot of times that Lisa was in trouble.
Drunk here and there.
Punching those men she caught being rude to women or offering sexual interests on them and they don't like.
Jisoo told me that people are covering Lisa up for her to avoid being publicized and to secure her safety.
I couldn't sleep at night. I just pray and hope that Lisa won't be harmed.
I really wanted to see her and talk to her.

Months passed until the divorce finality came.
Now, Lisa and I are no longer married.
Breaks my heart whenever I look at my kids and they are longing for Lisa.
She still gets to see them but same old set up.
Not in my house.

I also feel terrible whenever I sign some papers and I would forget and still write her last name on mine.
This is going to be a big adjustment.

It's been two months that I go to church with Rosé and Chu every Sunday.
I met people who had the same experience as mine. Some have their own stories to tell too and we're all learning from each other and we all strengthened our faith in God.
I joined small groups and bible study.
I admit it helped me a lot.
From the first day I attended, I never missed a mass.
I am even baptized as a Christian after a month.

But there are still moments that I cry in front of our group when we're sharing our heartaches and also when we tell how blessed we are.
Because deep in my heart, I still have this scar inside me, and another scar whenever I think about Lisa's condition right now.

She is addressing the nation today and I just hope that the divorce finality letter will be given to her after her speech and not before.

French people are tuning in to watch Lisa and to know the status of the country.

I watched too and my André is giggling at the house seeing his Dada on TV.

Lisa is so good looking but she keeps losing weight. As in she is so skinny right now and her eyes are puffy.
I felt my heart is aching seeing her like this.

She's about to finish her speech and the country is so lucky to have her for this improving state.

The media is not cutting the televised event yet on the screen since one of the Senators is still delivering  some announcements for the public.

The camera captured Lisa talking to a man beside her.

Shit.
It's her lawyer.
Handing Lisa an evelope.
That's it.