The crowd chuckled, automatically thinking he meant something around sex, completely gullible to the fact they were so far off it.

Jessica was next to give her speech, but Melanie purposely zoned out, not caring about her secretly telling the crowd about how she's better than Bella, and how she should have Edward.

Charlie's on the other hand was more amusing to listen to. "Edward will be a good husband. I know this because I'm a cop. I know things. Like how to hunt somebody to the ends of the Earth. I know how to use a gun."

"I'm not even prepared for this," Melanie whispered to Nik as she watched Alice walk up to the stage.

"Now that you're my sister." Alice started. "You'll have to get over your aversion to fashion. Skirts, heels, handbags..."

"Yeah, well, I'm not prepared for this one," Nik spoke a while after.

"It's an extraordinary thing to meet someone who you can bare your soul to. And you will accept you for what you are." Edward spoke, Melanie smiled at her wife, who reached over and held her small hand in Melanie's slightly larger bigger one.

"I've been waiting, what seems like a very long time, to get beyond what I am. And with Bella, I feel like I can finally begin. So I'd like to propose a toast to my beautiful bride. No measure if time with you will be long enough. But let's start with forever."

Everyone raised their glasses of champagne, clinking their glasses with either their partner, their friend or family.

Alice and Melanie soon found themselves on the dance floor, much to Melanie's dismay, bang smack in the middle as everyone watched, they cheered as they watched Melanie spin Alice around.

"Oh, my god. How did I not see this coming." Alice giggled.

Melanie raised her eyebrow in confusion. "See what?" Alice nodded her head in the direction of Nik, Melanie's eyes widened slightly at what she was seeing.

Tanya, her adopted sister in the arms of Nik, her biological brother. Melanie classed her hand with Alice's, dragging the smaller girl over to the duo. "When did this-" she started, pointing from Nik to Tanya. "Happen."

"When she fell for me on the way outside, literally, fell for me," Nik smirked.

"I didn't see him, we bumped into each other causing me to fall. But luckily he caught me. And that's when we realised we are mates."

Melanie looked at them both in shock, before a large smile grew on her face, a smile that so big that it was actually very rare to see, she pulled the duo in for a bone-crushing hug, whispering "I'm so happy I'm so happy." Over and over again.

Unfortunately, her happy mood was gone as fast as it came. With her enhanced hearing, she could hear growling coming from outside.

"Go, I'll stay here with them," Alice whispered in her ear, Melanie nodded, pressing a kiss on the top of Alice's head before walking out of the room, using her speed once she was out of sight.

Once she was out the back of the house, the first thing she could see was Sam and his pack dragging Jacob away and into the woods. "I'll be inside." Melanie heard Bella say, walking past Melanie who was walking towards Edward.

"He just keeps continuing to make problems." Edward sighed, sitting down on a bench.

"It's jealousy, Ed. You can't blame him." Melanie replied.

Edward nodded before muttering "I know."

"Well, I'm really happy for you," Melanie spoke, looking over to Edward.

"Really?" Edward questions, not expecting to hear it from Melanie, it was no surprise the duo has immensely drifted since Bella came into the picture, they both wanted to protect their mates, but Edward went around it the wrong way, and he knows that now.

"I believe you could have handled every situation the world threw at you differently," Melanie said honestly. "But yes, you now have all you've ever wanted, and you deserve it, really."

Edward smiled down at her, before the conversation fell into a comfortable silence, both of the friends just happy that their friendship was slowly going back to normal.

WORDS: 1047
STATUS: UNEDITED

WORDS: 1047STATUS: UNEDITED