Chapter 2

{AN: Check out the images to visualize the world better}

They're all staring. Again.

It's been ages but getting used to be stared at? Not a part of Viri's skill set.

She's going through a hand to hand combat training with another green. The others, for whatever reason, are gawking.

The Greens are a peculiar bunch. Viri has picked that up in the days she's spent with them. They're some of the finest warriors and take up a large portion of the royal academy, the entire south wing for trainings and meetings. The most elite, second to only the Black line of warriors, the green include people you'd want to ignore at all costs.

The trainings were fun but usually predictable. This would be a fun combat if the sun wasn't setting her skin aflame. After a minute of sweaty and slippery contact, her opponent is down. The curious greens let out a collective gasp. She wasn't supposed to win it this easy. Thankfully nobody holds her stare as she walks out of it. As she reaches out for belt of weapons, Sam jumps out of nowhere, scaring the shit out of her.

The kid is cute and all but tends to appear out of nowhere a lot. Sam's been good to Viri. It didn't start that way though, Sam used to be creepy. Viri got stares but this kid looked at her like the sun was walking on the earth. A week later, Sam came to say hello and when Viri responded, the kid gulped and ran away. They've been acquainted since.

Sam has always heard of Viri. From beyond the lands, her stories have been nothing short of heroic and Sam's heard them all. The kid who was raised by abusive parents, the kid who killed men with the ease of a falcon, the kid who can't be brought down, the kid who's every grown man's nightmare. All the rumors led to one plain fact - Sam was going to love Viri. She was this badass, obvious superhero.

And when they met, she seemed unreal. She was like a distant ancient being. Never spoke too much, had a distinct sense of humour and never got angry. Never. And Sam has tried.

Today at combat, Viri fought and won against the senior green. Again. And Sam is excited about it.

"That was sooooo cooool! You were like against gravity there! How did you not get hit? That's a green! I have so many questions!!"

"Good morning Sam"

"Good morning Viri" Sam flashes the hearty smile.

Sam was nice but this smile was definitely the reason Viri decided to listen to all the kid had to say.

"How was your combat today Sam?"

"Well I broke a rib I think". Sam healed quicker than most. "where are we going?"

"That must have hurt", Viri said. Sam was 23 years old and was the youngest green before Viri joined. He earned the title of 'kid' and as for Viri, everyone used her first name to address her. For a full dragon, Sam was surprisingly not in the black line. The kid single handedly lightened up all of the greens and Viri liked that.

"Something's come up at the court, General Black has asked me to come" and then after a brief pat on Sam's shoulder, Viri runs for the palace.