Chapter 36: Mission Impossible - Her Mission

Comenzar desde el principio

"May I help you, madam?" The receptionist asked with a respectful smile.

"Guten morgen (Good morning)," Soomi started speaking German. "Uhm... Scientist... I visit for event," she tried to sound not fluent in English language, acting as if she is having a hard time explaining what she wanted to say.

"Oh, you are one of the scientists, I believe," the receptionist said after connecting everything she just said.

"Yes yes," Soomi responded a little more enthusiastically, acting as if she is happy that the receptionist understood her.

"May I please have your identification and invitation card, please?" The receptionist asked.

Soomi opened her bag and acts as if looking for something in her bag. "Wo ist es? (Where is it?)" She kept on rummaging her bag and when she discreetly glanced at the receptionist, he is now giving her a confused look.

"Ich habe es gerade hier platziert (I just placed it here)," Soomi raised her hand a bit, copying how Germans react whenever in a tight situation.

"What seems to be the problem, madam?" The receptionist asked now having a slight frown on his face.

"Ich kann es nicht sehen (I can't see it)," she said as she continues looking for something in her bag.

"I'm sorry, madam, but I can't understand you," the receptionist said as calmly as possible.

"Ich habe es gerade hier platziert (I just placed it here)," Soomi said and saw the receptionist gave a discreet signal to one of the guards.

"Was scheint das Problem zu sein? (What seems to be the problem?)" A man suddenly interrupted them and when Soomi turned to her right, she smiled at who the person is. It is the bulky guy of the organization and as planned, he is disguised as a food delivery man.

"Ich kann meinen Personalausweis nicht sehen (I can't find my identification card)," she explained. The bulky guy who is pretending to deliver an order looked at the receptionist.

"She said she can't find her identification card," he explained which made the receptionist's forehead crease.

"I'm sorry but without it we can't let her get in," the receptionist explained. The bulky guy turned to Soomi and pretended to explain what the receptionist has just said. The truth is, he was just saying random words for he is not fluent in German.

"Können Sie ihn fragen, wo sich der Waschraum befindet? Ich werde nur meine Sachen aufräumen. Ich denke, es ist einfach irgendwo in meiner Tasche. (Can you ask him where the washroom is? I will just fix my things. I think it is just somewhere in my bag)," Soomi explained and closed her bag to ready herself to go to the washroom.

"She is asking if she could use the washroom. She will tidy her things. She believes her identification card is just stuck somewhere in her bag," the pretend delivery guy explained and now the receptionist exchange his glances at Soomi and the bulky guy. After seconds of hesitation, the receptionist explained where the washroom is located.

"Danke (Thank you)," Soomi thanked the pretend delivery guy and the receptionist and walked to the washroom.

"You are so good in German," one of the receptionists complemented the bulky guy as he received the ordered food.

"I may be a delivery guy but I never skipped my German classes," he said which made them chuckle. Soomi heard the bulky guy still chatting with the receptionists in the lobby, buying her some time and distracting them. He is trying to make them forget what just happened.

"Great acting, pretty girl!" She heard Yumi chuckle from the earpiece she is wearing.

"Shut up!" She hissed under her greeted teeth as she continued walking to the washroom.