Chapter 36: Mission Impossible - Her Mission

"Wear this," Dong-min gave Soomi a radio earpiece. They are all scattered around the location right now and Soomi is together with Dong-min and Yumi. They are inside Dong-min's car parked 3 blocks away from Parachute Corporation building, preparing for their plan. "We are going to communicate using this. My team and I am wearing one and whatever you will say and whatever you'll hear, we'll be able to hear them, too."

Dong-min explained and helped her plug the earpiece in her ear. Once done, Dong-min covered her ear with the blonde wig she is wearing. Since she will be disguised as a German scientist, she has to look like one so they let her wear a wig and blue contact lenses.

"Here," Dong-min got out a small case from one of the car's compartment and Soomi realized that it is a pair of eyeglasses when he opened it.

"This is not an ordinary eyeglass. See this metal right here?" Dong-min pointed the metal in one of the glasses frames. "This is a camera. We'll be able to see whatever you'll see using this." He took the glasses out of the case and carefully wore them on her. His fingers then lightly brushed on her cheeks which made Soomi look at him. She saw him give her a worried look which confused her.

"Please be careful in there," he said in a hushed tone of voice, his hands now placed on top of hers. "I'll come rushing towards you if something happens."

"Will you come rushing for me, too?" Both Soomi and Dong-min looked at Yumi who is seated at the back. That allowed Soomi to pull her hand from Dong-min's touch.

"If I were the one doing the mission, will you come running to save me, pretty boy?" Yumi smirked and wiggled her eyebrows at Dong-min, obviously teasing the guy. Yumi then looked at Soomi and winked at her. Soomi doesn't understand the meaning of that wink and she wonders that maybe it is for her to get out of that awkward situation. Dong-min did not answer her question and just glared at Yumi. His focus went back to Soomi who looks so nervous staring ahead of her.

"Have you already contacted, In-yeop?" Soomi asked Yumi as she turned to look at her. In-yeop said he will be involved in the plan as well but he kept his lips tightly sealed of what he will do in this mission. She had sensed that how many times she may try asking him to tell her what he will do, he will remain silent. So when she woke up this morning, In-yeop was not beside her anymore and according to Yumi, he and Chorong went out at the break of dawn. Whatever it is he will be doing adds up to the nervousness Soomi is feeling.

"What kind of a guy leaves her girl right on the day of an important mission?" Dong-min scoffed, looking straight ahead of him, staring at nothing in particular. "What a jerk!"

"I'm sure he has his reasons," Soomi said quietly because even she doesn't know what the guy is planning to do.

"He said he'll be around," Yumi answered. "You know the guy. He may not have spoken of protecting you in this plan but we know he will do everything just to keep you safe. Even if it may cost him his life."

What Yumi said is true. However, she feels agitated not hearing from him since this morning and whatever it is he is planning makes her stomach churn. Yumi must have sensed her anxiety so she held her shoulder and lightly squeezed it.

"You can do it," Yumi said with a small smile. "We will be here if something happens. As like pretty boy said, we'll immediately run to you as soon as we have sensed danger."

Soomi looked at Yumi and to Dong-min. They both gave her an assuring smile and so she plucked all of her courage and heaved a sigh. She got out of Dong-min's car and transferred to another car who will bring her to the company building to make it look like she is an important person.

She tried to act calm and confident as she got out of the car and walked towards the lobby. Her palms start to sweat when she stood in front of a body scanner, a part of the building's security. One of the security eyed him and a quiet breath of relief escaped Soomi's nose when the security let her through. She looks around and saw some of the scientists waiting at the receiving area, chatting with one another. She continued walking to the receptionist as planned.