Chapter 17: Surprise (pt 2)

"Look at that!" Soomi excitedly runs towards an accessory stand in the marketplace

"Look at that!" Soomi excitedly runs towards an accessory stand in the marketplace. In-yeop followed him, his eyes wandering, a habit of him whenever he is in a crowded place. Given the job he had, he had experienced multiple times being tailed by the people he had crossed before.

"Look," Soomi said, flashing In-yeop a wide smile as she lifts a pair of earrings in front of him. "This looks nice, isn't it?" In-yeop just nodded, not knowing anything about accessories.

Soomi looked more from the accessories and spotted a black and white rope braided bracelet. She picked one from it and turned to In-yeop. "Give me your hand," she said. When In-yeop just stared at her, she grabbed his hand and placed the bracelet around his wrist. She then got another one and placed it around her wrist this time.

"They look nice," she said and gave him an eye smile. She turned to the vendor after being satisfied with her choice. "He'll pay for it," she said and walked away from the stall.

"Yah!" In-yeop called Soomi out but the girl just continued walking, enjoying everything that she sees in the place. After paying, In-yeop immediately run towards Soomi and stopped her by her wrist.

"Don't go around without me," he said which made Soomi stare at him. "You don't know the place and you don't have anything which I can contact you with."

What In-yeop did next made Soomi's heart flutter. He slid his hand from her wrist to her hand, lacing his fingers with hers. "Stick with me at all times."

Soomi's heart went wild again with the simple gesture of the guy. She looks at their intertwined fingers then looked up at him again and smiled. "I will," she said and they both made their way to the grocery store.

Soomi saw a lot of things that caught her attention. There are a lot of interesting stalls in the marketplace and even before they could get inside the grocery store, they have already brought a lot of things from different stalls.

At last, they got inside the grocery store which was their main agenda when they went to the place. Hand in hand, they went through each aisle to make sure that they added to their cart the things they need to last them for months. They look like a couple who are buying some stuff for their house and that thought made Soomi's heart flutter.

"I forgot to get the sausages Chorong requested," Soomi suddenly remembered. "I'll just get some. You don't have to go with me. I'll be quick, I promise," she said and let go of In-yeop's hand.

She immediately runs towards the frozen good section and grabbed many packs of sausages as soon as she saw them. She hurriedly went back to where In-yeop was waiting for him. When she returned, In-yeop was not there. She slightly panicked but a sigh of relief escaped her mouth when she saw a half of their cart covered by one of the huge racks in one of the aisle. Her steps were hurried as she walked towards the cart. She stopped on her tracks when she saw In-yeop holding a guitar placed among the appliances displayed in that aisle.

She immediately hid herself behind the huge rack and watch what In-yeop will do with the guitar. In-yeop lifted up the instrument and started strumming the strings lightly. He then wore the strap and started strumming again, creating a tune. Soomi was surprised to see the guy holding a musical instrument. She always sees the guy either holding a gun whenever he practices shooting or a knife.

Soomi leaned her arm on the huge rack and stared at In-yeop with admiration. He started humming to the tune of what he is playing with the instrument which made Soomi more surprised. He is not just good with the guitar but he also has a nice voice.

"That guitar is our best-seller, sir," the sales lady said as she approached In-yeop. The guy was startled at the sudden appearance of the sales lady which made him immediately remove the strap from his shoulder. He did not say anything to the lady and just walked away as soon as he placed the guitar back. When he turned back, he saw Soomi staring at him with admiration.

"You play well," Soomi said when they started walking again with In-yeop pushing the cart. "Where did you learn playing the guitar?"

In-yeop did not answer and just looked straight ahead. Soomi also fell silent and not asked any more questions because she knows how In-yeop values his privacy. In-yeop noticed the silence between them and when he looked at Soomi, he saw her in deep thoughts. He once again laced his fingers with hers and continued grabbing the stuff they need before heading home.