Ch. 1: I Don't Know if I Could Live Without you.

-March 1942-

-Bucky's P.O.V-

I walk away from Steve feeling a sad feeling in my chest. Maybe I shouldn't go..heck knowing him he probably is already dead in a back-ally. I sigh stopping and taking off my hat running my hands through my hair. I take a deep breath putting my hat back on looking straight ahead of me. I spot a bar at the end of the road and I shrug. A couple drinks wouldn't be that bad right? I walk too the bar walking in. I'm overcome with the smell of liquor, cologne, and perfume. I hear the band playing upbeat music as couples danced with each other on the dance floor. I made my way over too the plain bar and ordered my usual drink. The bartender nods and goes off too make my drink. I take off my hat placing it on the bar in front of me sitting down on the stool leaning on the counter. The bartender places the drink in front of me, and I thank him for it before he takes off again. I throw the drink back swallowing the burning liquid and set the glass back down. "Long day?" I hear a soft voice ask. "Not really but they're only gonna get longer." I respond hearing her giggle softly in response. "I could tell." I smile turning my head too see the face that matched the voice. My heart dropped in a moment. She wasn't short yet she wasn't tall either. She had what seemed like short ginger hair, but it was pretty curly so who could really know. She wore a beautiful red lipstick that complimented her pale porcelain skin. She also wore a red dress that matched the colour of her lips, and a plain gold chain around her neck. "Sorry I didn't mean too scare you." She says followed by a slightly more nervous giggle. I snapped out of the trance I was in. shoot. I must have been staring. "No I'm sorry...If I'm being honest I just wasn't expecting someone so gorgeous." I responded too her moving my full body too face her a smooth smirk on my face. I watch her cheeks light up red, and her perfect gentle smile come out. "Charming, I'm Megan." She says holding out her hand. I take her hand gently "Megan..How..." I pause before leaning down kissing her hand softly. "Beautiful.." I continue as I drop her hand gently as I see her cheeks continue too redden as she clears her throat pulling her hand away. "Well do you have a name Sergeant mystery?" She asks me changing the topic. I chuckle at her nickname. "It's James, but everyone just calls me Bucky." I tell her as her expression softened. "Bucky..I like that name..."

-The Next Morning-

I wake up stretching out my arms feeling the spot move next too me. I smile softly as I look over at the girl laying next too me. I slowly run my hands through her hair. I was right about it being longer than it looks. Her curls loop around my fingers as she shifts so she's facing me. She yawns slowly waking up rubbing the sleep from her eyes as I move my hand from her hair too her face. I softly run my thumb along her jaw line. I had done things like this usually but for some reason this time was different. I've never felt such a connection with anyone ever. "Good morning." I say seeing her eyes close and a smile appear on her face as she leans into my hand. "Morning..." She says sleepily. I pull my hand from her face as she opens her eyes too look up at me finally. It was like I was seeing her eyes for the first time again. The warm green was so relaxing, and the specks of hazel, brown, and orange looks like sparks flying. "You're staring again.." She says still super sleepy making me laugh softly. "I can't help it, you're just so beautiful..." I say too her watching the red in her cheeks return as she buries her face in my bed groaning. "You know you're making this one time thing quite difficult." She says not lifting her face from the bed. "Well what if we didn't make this a one time thing..." I suggest quietly stopping and waiting for her response. She slowly lifts her head too look at me a sad look in her eyes. "Are you sure that's a good idea with you going away literally today?" She asks me my heart hurting slightly as she reminds me what day it is. I shake the thought from my head putting my hand back on her cheek. "I know we just met, but at this point even if I was gone 100 years I'd still only want to come home too you." I say watching the biggest smile appear on her face before leaning up and kissing me on the lips. I kiss her back slowly as I slowly start caressing her face before pulling away from her. I turn around too look at the time 10 am...7 hours until I have too leave. I turn back too her too see her sitting stretching properly now. I grab her pulling her back making her giggle and look at me. "Buck, we have too get up." She says between giggles. I shake my head hugging her tightly nuzzling my face into her shoulder. "Not for another 7 hours." I say softly as she giggles again. "7 hours until you leave and you should probably be ready, and packed by that time, come on. We can sit around if we finish early." She says wiggling her way out of my arms going and putting on some of my comfy clothing, and going and helping me out of bed. It was hopefully going to be a long 7 hours.