Chapter 6

(Y/n) POV)

Dad: "So that's where their hideout is."

Pakkun: "Most likely. Gaara's scent was also coming from that same place."

Dad: "I see... I have one more favor to ask you."

Pakkun: "Huh?" Just then, Naruto rolled out of bed, literally, falling face first on the floor. "Hey, are you awake, Naruto?"

Naruto: "Huh Pakkun?"

Dad: "Okay, Pakkun, I'm counting on you."

Pakkun: "See you around then, Naruto!" Pakkun then jumps out the window and runs off.

Naruto: "Could it be that you've found the Akatsuki's hideout?"

Dad: "Yeah... We're heading out immediately." 

(Short timeskip)

Dad: "Alright, as soon as the Sand is ready, we'll join them for Gaara's rescue. Got it?"

Temari: "Sorry to have kept you waiting!"

Sakura: "Temari!"

Dad: "Everyone's here."

Naruto: "Alright! Then let's head out!"

Baki: "Wait! Temari... You and the others stay here in the village and patrol the border."

Temari: "What do you mean by that?!"

Baki: "That's an order from...above." Temari gasps taking a step back. "Their reasoning is if it becomes widely known that the Kazekage is absent, there's no telling when other villages will attack our village."

Sand ninja: "I can't believe this!"

Temari: "That's all the more reason that we have to get Gaara back as soon as possible! These Leaf people came all this way for the very purpose of going to Gaara's aid! Gaara is our Kazekage, right?! What's the point if we, the Sand people, don't go to save him!"

Baki: "But..."

Hag: "I'm going." We look up seeing the hag standing on top of a building. "The only Sand Shinobi you need is me!"

Temari: "Granny Chiyo!"

Baki: "But that's..."

Hag: "I'm already retired, you know. I can do whatever I like."

Sand ninja2: "You really shouldn't overdo it!"

Hag: "Don't you dare treat me like an old woman!" She then jumps off the building.

Naruto: "She jumped!"

"Yes Naruto, that's what legs do." I see him glare at me from the corner of my eye.

Hag: "I haven't doted on my dear grandchild for a while, after all." We all walked to the entrance of Suna, then turned to say our goodbyes.

Dad: "Alright, we'll head out."

Baki: "Sorry... I will try to convince the higher-ups."

Temari: "We'll follow behind later, no matter what!"

Naruto: "Gaara will be long rescued by that time!"

Sakura: "See you later." The others run off while I stay behind for a moment.

"We'll get Gaara back Temari... I promise." She looks at me a little confused, I hadn't called him by his name yet. I move my mask to the left a little revealing a little bit of my face. "Ayame would kill me if I didn't." I then disappear after fixing my ANBU mask. I fell in line with the others with Naruto leading the way.