Morse Code

Third Person POV *Mini and Rudy are 20 and 22 and have been dating for 2 years*

Rudy and I were chilling in my living room, in my house, his arm around me and my head on his chest. We were watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S together and were uncontrollably laughing at Joey and Chandler, "I can't believe I've never seen this show before!" Rudy exclaimed, surprised and a little bit outraged, "I know right! It's hilarious!" I laughed.

As the next episode started playing, and during the theme song of the episode, instead of singing along, I noticed Rudy tapping my hand.

Tap tap

Tap, line, tap, tap

Line, line, line

Tap, tap, tap, line

Tap

Line, line, tap, line

Line, line, line

Tap, tap, line

Those were the letters of I love you. Was he tapping 'I love you'? He's been doing this for a year now. Did he love me? I pause the show and look at him. "Rudy?" I say, looking up at him.

"Yeah, jaaniya?" he replies, turning to look at me.

"How do you know Morse Code?" I ask, hinting at the 'I love you'.

"Oh, I learned it a couple years ago. Not amazing at it though. Why?" he wonders.

"Rudy..... have you been saying 'I love you' to me through Morse Code for the past 12 months?!" I ask him

Rudy's face reddens and he becomes a spluttering mess. "Uh, what, um, what makes you, er, ask that?" he stutters out.

My eyebrows reach my hairline. Rudy never looses his cool and he never stutters.

"Rudy, meri jaan, have you?" I ask, softly.

"Yes, I...... are you mad?" Rudy asked, nervousness in his eyes. This sweet guy, asking "am I mad?" because he's saying "I love you" to me. He's probably nervous because he wants to make sure he didn't overstep a boundary.

"Rudy, I'm not mad. In fact, I love you too." I reply, snuggling into him more.

"Really?" he asks, his eyes sparkling with hope.

"Of course! I was just too nervous to say anything." I reply, bashfully.

"I was too, that's why I tapped it. I figured you wouldn't notice but you did....." Rudy trailer off

"I think it's adorable, meri jaan." I tell him

"I actually didn't really notice it until you mentioned me doing it, to be honest." Rudy says

"Really?" I ask

"Yeah, I just did it out of instinct or something. It felt right." Rudy replies

"I think it's really sweet. I love you, Rudra." I tell him

"I love you too, Yamini." He tells me, placing a kiss on my nose.

I giggle and hug him, "love you" I mumble.

I turn the show back on and we sit peacefully, enjoying each other's company.

I love Rudy.