Sunset

So Percy can speak to horses because of Poseidon, right? So y'know how Indra's vimana is a horse, does that mean Aru can speak to horses? We're gonna say she can cause that's what this oneshot is revolved around, hope you enjoy! 

TW - brief slight mention of animal abuse 

Aru's POV

Mr.Rogers, my algebra teach announced that we would be going on a field trip to the local stables, Bright Fields on Friday. My class started whispering excitedly, I looked at Aiden with excitement. Usually our school plans really boring field trips, like going an Art Museum or something but this time it actually sounds fun. 

"We will be going with Mrs.Dodds class as well, on your way out grab your forms. If you don't give your form to me by tomorrow, you will not be going." Mr.Rogers says, brushing his blonde hair out of his blue eyes that were sparkling with eagerness. 

The bell rings and I start packing up my things, "Dismissed! Don't forget to do Page 381, questions 1,3,5,6,7!" my teacher says as everyone packs up. 

Everyone walks out of the classroom, grabbing their form on the way out and talking excitedly to each other. 

"Do you think this gonna go well?" I ask Aiden, referring to the field trip. 

"Yeah, but I feel like something surprising is gonna happen." He replied, grabbing his form. 

"Like what?" I say, snatching my own form 

"I dunno, something...." Wifey says 

"Wow Wifey! You should be the next Professor Trelawney with that seer power or better yet, be the next Sheela!" I sass, sarcasm dripping from my voice 

"Oh shut up Aru!"  Aiden answers, playfully

"Make me, Aiden." I reply, jokingly glaring

Aiden rolls his eyes, "Whatever Shah." he says 

"You know what? Let's make a bet. If something happens with one of us two, you have to give me 5$ if something happens with the rest of the class, I have to give you 5$. Deal?" I ask, raising an eyebrow and putting one of my hands out

"That's a losing bet for you." he remarks 

"So agree then." I reply, smirking 

"Fine. Deal." Aiden says, shaking my hand. 

We grab out stuff from our lockers and walk to our houses. Hopefully this field trip is fun. 

Time skip to Friday (Aru's POV, Italics is thoughts)

Everyone walked into school that day, whispering for the field trip. We piled into the iconic yellow school bus, my class going into one and Mrs.Dodds's class going into the other. 

"You still on for that bet?" Aiden asks, sitting beside me causing Poppy to glare at me. 

"Of course, I'm winning it." I reply, smirking 

"Aru, the odds are against you." Aiden states

"And when has that ever stopped me?" I question, jokingly

"Good point." Aiden says simply, laughing, making me smile. 

Vajra turns into a small dagger and I twirl it, looking out the window, watching the roads slowly turn into forests and wild grass. 

Something feels weird....... I thought, feeling as though something interesting was gonna happen

"You okay?" Aiden asked, startling me and gently shaking my shoulder making me jump.