𝐳𝐞𝐫𝐨. the prologue

⤵︎

CHAPTER 0. THE PROLOGUE!

[BEFORE THE EVENTS OF THE SHOW

[BEFORE THE EVENTS OF THE SHOW.]

𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐈 𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐉 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐙𝐎, that was her name in full. Just the name alone could make any person's attention grasp at pronunciation. That's what her mom and dad were going for while naming their heir. The one only child of Henry Lorenzo & Aaralyn Cromwell-Lorenzo.

Lorelei (most favored for everyone to call her Lory) Lorenzo had her family's cunningness. She thrived deeply of the hold she'd have on people. With it, there was always a need, a hunger for control that Lorelei ached to have for everything in life. Anguishing for the power that came with it like its ability was addictive. Along with that, Lorelei had this charm that no one who was in her presence could describe it. Defining or phrasing the grace and alluring aura that had an arrest of Lory. Sure, visuals were one thing about her that hypnotized boys. Heck, maybe even some girls as well. But all of them concluded that everything there was to Lory was grandeur.

Though, with every person that others deemed as beautiful, must hold some sort of flaw or shit going on with them.

Happiness was a price. One that the Lorenzo had always thought was quite expensive to pay. When it came to happiness, there was this looming thought in the back of her mind that it wouldn't last long. Why is that? Well, Lory grew to think that she'd never be happy forever. Bad things would happen to her and her family, and it was quite too consistent for her liking. Lorelei believed that she was doomed to a life of endless pain, like she'd had been cursed since birth. It made her think that something bad was bound to happen whenever feeling such an emotion. It was toxic, really. Lory fearing herself being happy.

Is that even a thing? You might ask.

Yes, it's called Cherophobia. She learned that in ninth grade.

Besides that sad side of Lory, while being a deviously-wicked girl, she was an exceptional woman. One that had a own personal agenda to follow. She'd never let anyone—get in the way of what her mind was determined to do. When the occasion came that someone was stupid enough to doubt Lory of it, she had no problem in proving them wrong.

Along with that, Lorelei was also a victim of great judgment. People loved to call her this well-known stereotype or trope; the girl next door. The one phrase in life that will trigger Lory for the rest of her existence in this god-forsaken world or reality. It showed how easily most would assume of another before getting to know them.

Pure, innocent, utterly flawless. Lies foretold to the ones who were stupid, and delusional enough to judge her like a book.

If anything, she was solely human, that's all.

We are our own beautiful, deceiving monster. It depends on the people who you show it to.

Speaking of monsters, often, there was this conscious voice in the back of Lory's head that kept telling her she'll snap, or break, and when she does, the world wouldn't be ready for it. That her chaos would unleash this colossal and havoc darkness that'd been hiding within Lorelei for a very, very long time.

That was the only thing in life that the Lorenzo was unarguably, and deeply afraid of; herself.

Everyone has their own inner demons. The thing inside of us that intently shames and tortures our minds from time to time. Striking right in our insecurities. Lory has had time in taming hers. Though—she knows, and feels it linger and hide in the shadows of her soul, her being. It's why, even to this day, she still has to stop it from letting it take hold of her.

The real question to ask is; Will Lory be able to control them? Or will Mystic Falls have to experience the wrath of the girl that will undeniably change the way of the town? I don't think they are ready for the chaos she'll soon bring to their grand table. Being truthful, I don't think they'll ever be the same.

lani's talking!

THIS PROLOGUE LITERALLY started off like 1000+ words when I initially had the first draft done and I was like "ma'am that's like too long wth u doin

THIS PROLOGUE LITERALLY started off like 1000+ words when I initially had the first draft done and I was like "ma'am that's like too long wth u doin." but hey guys! uh how are you all? I don't know when I'll publish this chapter, maybe tomorrow (as I'm writing this its may 1st) next week or sometime in the future, I don't really know, but you got lorelei's middle name!

Which, yes, I have watched Shadow and Bone and can easily say that Inej is one of my favorite characters in the whole show, she's a badass queen and it just looked and sounded right with Lory's name to me.

Lorelei Inej Lorenzo. Like does it not sound kind of badass? I personally think so.

Also, sorry if I'm taking a while to write these chapters or to get this story started since I published it. As I've said before, I'm a junior in high school and I sort of have a life. I know, weird lol. But anyways, hope you all are becoming more excited for this story to unfold.

also, I have to do a speech for my english class today so wish me luck ahhhhhh.

In all honesty, thank you all for continuing onto read and wait patiently for the story to come together, hope you all have a good one!

LANI <3