♛ 17

The tall boy puts his hand inside his pocket of his trousers, walking towards the gate of the house he was familiar with. A smile crept up on his face as the butler took his suitcase, leading the way for him.

It's been quite a while since he's been here. The butlers lead him towards the house, opening the main entrance for him. 

"Welcome back, Mr. Lee."

He nods, looking at the house he longed for so long. He directly walked to the living room, spotting the untouched family picture on the wall. He chuckled to himself, looking at his stiff self in that portrait.

He walked towards the living room, noticing that the fireplace had already been lit. He grabbed a book from the bookshelf before taking a seat in the soft and comfortable sofa. He opened the book, reading a few chapters before hearing a voice behind him.

"Oh, you're back?" 

He turned around, flashing a smile. "Hello, mother. Where's father?"

"Busy," she ruffled his hair, smiling at him. "Have you unpack your things?"

"Not yet, I just got back a few minutes ago."

"Alright then, I have an urgent thing to do, see you later son."

He stood up, walking around the house to look for none other than his brother, Mark Lee. He's probably still on the way home from school now.

Right as if it's on queue, the door opened, revealing none other than Mark Lee still in his uniform. 

"Hello, brother." He greeted.

Mark was immediately frozen in place, looking at his younger brother with wide eyes. He was sent to Russia 2 years ago to enroll in one of the best assassin schools in the world. 

"When did you arrive?"

"Today. Don't you miss me?" The black haired boy asked.

Letting out a chuckle, Mark looked at him with a cheeky look. "Welcome home, Heeseung."

────────────

Dasom groaned, determined to hit the bullseye but she kept on messing up. She's currently in the lounge, skipping math class and because she's bored she decided to play with Mark's dart. It looked easy when he did it, so she thought she'd give it a try.

But she's terrible at it.

"You're throwing it wrong."

Dasom jolted in surprise, looking at the taller figure next to her. "You keep on startling me."

Mark shrugged, taking the dart from her hand. "Look,"

Mark showed her how to hold the dart, holding it just like holding a pen. He then pointed it towards the target, closing one of his eyes before throwing it- hitting the bullseye.

"Don't put too much pressure in holding it, and throw it smoothly,"

Mark walked towards the target to take off the one he had thrown before, giving it to her. Dasom held the dart just as he did before, taking a deep breath before throwing it as smooth as she could. She didn't exactly hit the bullseye, but she managed to get 8 points which is clearly an improvement.

"Good, you just need more practice."

He walked towards the counter to take some already chopped watermelons. Dasom looked at her with a puzzled look, "why are you here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I skipped. You?"

Mark shrugged as he continued to eat the watermelon. He grabbed an apple, throwing it at her. Luckily for her, it didn't hit her head as she managed to catch it. 

"What the fuck what was that for?"

"Just testing your reflex," he said. "You're pretty good."

Dasom rolled her eyes. She knew that he was blunt, but she just realized that he was this blunt. He won't say anything unless it's truly necessary. He acts aloof, distancing himself from social interactions however possible.

"I still need more training though." She mumbled.

"I'll teach you then."

Dasom raised an eyebrow, questioning herself if she heard him right or not. "You what?"

"I'll teach you," he said. "Besides, as I said before, I don't take losers."

"So you're saying I'm a loser?"

Mark took the glass from the cupboard, filling it with water. "Partly."

"Geez, thanks for the compliment." Dasom said sarcastically.

"It's not a compliment."

"God can't you take a joke?"

Mark looked at her with a deadpan look. "Does it look like I can?"

"No?"

"Then I can't,"

Dasom looked at him in disbelief. He's somehow infuriating her in a way she thought wouldn't be possible. 

"I'm teaching you how to shoot and aim properly tomorrow. Be ready." 

That was all he said before leaving the lounge. 

Mark is very obscure, no one knows what his true intentions are. He was never into the good or bad point of view, he thinks those are stupid. To him, there's no such thing as good and bad- only relativity, and he never wavers from his own philosophy. 

As an assassin, he had killed so many people before. He's merciless and blunt, having no qualms whatsoever in killing his targets. For many people, his deeds was definitely bad. But to him, it's not because he's simply doing his job diligently. 

But for once, he finally felt like he's doing something good.

ayyeeee mark's brother;)