1:9

VOTE, COMMENT ADD SHARE

ACT 1

PERHAPS

PERHAPS

Isabella Hu-Weng, wife of esteemed neurosurgeon Elliot Weng sat at a table of the local Little French Pastry Cafe in Auckland waiting for her strong dose of flat white and almond croissant to be served to her. As she scrolled through her Facebook, of the latest posts of South East Asia's taciturn elite, liking one of her family's friends posts of their trip to another religious sight.

That reminded her.

Isabella had purposely taken herself to the neighbouring country of Talia's favourite escape, to break distance from one of the religious group back in Singapore she was supposed to attend to. Away from Singapore's malicious heat from its dry season and now basking in the nation's cool Autumn one.

Well it wasn't my fault technically she started it, and it was only a defensive mechanism what I said, and yes perhaps I could have said it way better but not in that heat of the moment. Talia's aunt had pissed off drastically the head of the Christian bible study group. And besides Autumn in Auckland isn't bad, and the coffee here is good here. Score.

As a notification popped up from her WhatsApp group she instantly clicked on it as she read the continuous debate on what designer Talia's wedding dress was or how many carats the ring was going to be.

I bet 150 carats

That's way too vulgar, I predict anything between fifty-five and ninety.

When I was with Alexander McQueen I heard he and ten other seamstresses are working on this really big wedding dress.

Lah! No, Talia's gown at least has fifteen people plus the designer working on it. And haven't you've been paying attention?! It's going to either Zuhair Murad or Elie Saab.

Isabella glared at the phone as she brutally turned off her phone and huffed. Another reminder of her relatives eulogizing the magnificent daughter like she was the revered deity of their fantastical religion. Her eldest brother and shining star of the family and the photogenic Angelina Padilla-Hu wasn't was anything more to what Isabella called her the half-breed. Isabella simply didn't understand. No matter how hard she tried she could never be the best.