137 - Achievement

Noah was quiet while watching the Boss he found in one of the caves in which Terrence saw an irregularity. As much as he had a time limit, he still spent a few seconds watching the Boss before attacking. In Noah's view, it was better to still lose statistical points than to die by carelessness, even if the chance of this Boss being able to kill him was low. Still, Noah decided to be careful.

As his energy was overloaded, Noah summoned a [Fire Dagger] in each hand and took advantage of the silence of the place, which kept the Boss calm and off guard, allowing Noah to silently throw his daggers made of plasma and gases.

Unfortunately, Noah was not as good at throwing daggers as he was in using hand-to-hand combat, but he still managed to land both daggers, even if it was only in not-so-lethal places, one being the one that hit the rib of the Boss, while the other hit the butt of the big monster that had its back turned to him.

Just like what Noah heard from the description he read on the internet, this Boss looked very similar to the other monsters of the Fortress, the only way to differentiate him from others was that his hair, instead of being a little grayed out like the others, his was truly white, as if it was cleaned all the time.

The two daggers dug into the boss's skin, who cried out in pain and hatred as he turned around to look for whoever had done that, but when the boss's gaze moved to Noah, the only thing he saw was an explosion of flames, which left the Boss in doubt about what it was.

Unfortunately, he only felt the heat next to him when it was too late, so when he turned around to look for what that warm feeling was, what he found was a fire dagger being thrust into his stomach, but finally enabling him to see who his enemy was who was making such quick and cruel attacks.

But the only thing he could do was see, because before he thought of attacking, this disgusting human who was attacking him in such dishonest ways, the human burst into flames again.

But the Boss was not an inferior monster at all, his intelligence was superior to that of the other monsters by a large margin. Even though he was the Boss of a low-level Fortress, that didn't mean he was less intelligent than Terrence, who was a young Boss monster from a Rank E Fortress, although Terrence's intelligence was being developed much faster than any other Boss as he grew up in an environment that provided the basis for him to develop his intelligence.

Seeing the explosion again, the Boss quickly understood that this was the human's means of getting around, which could mean that the human was now behind him again, with another dagger, preparing to attack.

The heat that the Boss felt in his back was the concrete proof that this was true. So, ignoring the pain he felt from the already 3 stuck daggers that were burning his skin and some of his muscles, in addition to the cuts that they had made, the Boss struggled to turn around, already with his mouth open to bite this human's head. Even if it meant that the human would be able to stick another dagger in him, in the Boss's mind this was a movement that would be worthwhile, after all, he would kill the human with an attack.

But when the Boss turned around, what he saw made him momentarily stunned. The human was actually facing away from him, apparently holding the dagger in a position indicating that he was going to stab the wind.

In the Boss's mind it didn't make any sense, but taking advantage of the human's back being to him, the Boss accelerated and tried to bite the human's head off, but only to feel a little of the flames that appeared in the human's teleportation, making his mouth burn. But before he could scream with the pain of having his mouth burned, he immediately felt the pain of another knife being thrust into him, but this time going directly into his mouth, preventing any scream from leaving it.