4 04 - Hell Flames

Reading the message, Noah finally felt that all those years of being mistreated, running for his life, being judged, and sometimes even being beaten and called useless were worth it. Knowing that this was the only opportunity to change one's destiny from someone useless to someone powerful and important, Noah answered "Yes!" mentally.

[Ok... the analyses have already been done on the user during these last years. The result is that the user has an aptitude rate of 98% plus a synchronization rate of 95.2%, the highest synchronization rate ever found among all other synchronized humans. Congratulations user; now you are the first and last user of Lucifer's Descendant System.

As a reward for completing your first task, you received (1) (Random Skill Token), do you want to use the token immediately?]

In those 4 years, Noah wasn't just wondering what was happening to him. No, he spent a lot of free time looking for anything that could relate to this system. He started his search from the concept of Blessings, then he looked through material from the ancient ages of mankind, even before the dark ages, where beasts and monsters started to appear, searching for everything he could find about this god called Lucifer who blessed him.

Then, after so much research, Noah finally put together the theory he found most plausible, that for some reason Lucifer and the Christian God suffered some kind of loss and thus were unable to help humanity during the Dark Ages, so the smallest deities managed to appear and help in the ways they could. But now after multiple years, Lucifer somehow managed to convey to someone his blessing in the form of this System similar to a video game.

But with so little information, Noah didn't know if all this he guessed was what had really happened, or if in fact it was all a setup, a war, or a disease; without any proof, he couldn't know for sure. However, according to what the task had told him, following Lucifer would lead him to the truth and to the path of power, so maybe it was only a matter of time before he knew what really happened.

In those years that Noah depended only on himself and on the information he managed to gather, it ended up generating in him a mania of always wanting to know what was happening, how things worked, and to find some way to control them. Even though this was probably unethical, wanting to control everything was one of the things that kept him alive until now, and now that he had power, he had no will to cast these feelings aside.

Leaving riddles aside, Noah said mentally, 'Yes, I wish to use the Token immediately.'

For more information, the user can open the profile itself.]

Reading the system messages, Noah felt something change inside him. It was as if the skill was in the palm of his hand, as if a sixth finger had been born. It was as easy to control as all the other 5 fingers of his hand, but looking at it, his hand was still completely normal.

He had to control himself a lot to not use that sixth finger of his which appeared after 4 years fighting without any force now that he had finally acquired some power. Noah's instincts only said to him, "USE THE CALL", but the same 4 years fighting without any force taught him to be cautious and always hide his true strength to use only against the enemy.

Even if he really wanted to use the flame, he knew that now was neither the ideal time nor the ideal place for it, since the other Blesseds could perceive and notice if something was strange about him. 'Better leave it for when I'm inside the Fortress,' Noah thought to himself.

After so many years, Noah finally understood what it felt like for people to always talk about controlling their own Blessing. Even though he had never controlled flames in his life, Noah instinctively knew how to control the Flames of Hell he now possessed. However, he felt that these flames were still very weak.