Chapter Thirteen: British Home Wrecker

The week had been a bit over the top for Dream. With the renewal of reality, which they gained back once they arrived home, Dream found himself even more lost than he was before.

The feelings were easy. Without a doubt in his mind, he was incredibly attracted to Sapnap. That part was simple.

The hard part was figuring out exactly what he wanted to do with that attraction.

He could confess, as that would quite possibly be the best plan, but something in him decided he should make it as difficult as possible. Every time he made an effort to put himself in a place where he could admit how he was feeling, he slipped under the pressure and ended up blurting out something useless.

It was becoming even harder to work anything out, especially with the impending doom of figuring out what would happen to them after summer.

There had been a moment where Dream truthfully believed that they would be living together in an apartment outside of town, domestically bonding under the impression that they were nothing more than friends, destined to part at some point.

But now, Dream saw himself leaving Sapnap, as Sapnap was becoming much more comfortable around others, seemingly settling elsewhere. He was hanging out with other people, going out much more frequently, and it almost seemed as if he had taken the initiative to go ahead and start the parting of ways, far earlier than Dream could've possibly appreciated.

It was on this night in particular, and this night only, that Sapnap asked Dream to attend a party with him.

Dream had been reluctant; parties had never been his thing, much more of Sapnap's idea of fun, but a part of him wanted to agree, with the hopes of becoming closer with this new version of his best friend.

So, Dream agreed and they made plans to attend some dude's party later that night. Dream wasn't exactly sure whose party he was attending, but in the end, did it really matter as long as he got to have some fun with Sapnap?

While Dream spent an hour worrying about what to wear and how the fuck he was supposed to dance at a party, Sapnap had apparently been vomiting his guts out. They had to call off their plans.

Except, now Dream was overly disturbed by his nerves that he had built up while preparing for this party, and he couldn't waste his confidence now. So in the long run, Dream decided he'd go to the party, without Sapnap's knowledge, and make it up to him later by picking him up soup on the way home.

***

Dream walked into the house, low lighting taking a lot longer than anticipated to get used to. He basically stumbled into a crowd of people, somehow appearing more drunken than anybody else there, even though half of the young adults wandering around were absolutely wasted.

It was at times like these, when he was standing alone in the midst of a house party, not sure where to go or what to do, that Dream wished he would've taken advantage of Sapnap being sick and just stayed home so he could take care of Sapnap until he was feeling better.

But he was stuck here now, and what better thing to do than wander aimlessly and hope to God he somehow navigates towards the alcohol, or whatever was making these people so energetic and proud to be alive.

Turns out, whoever owned this house, had placed the boos on the kitchen island, providing a less than safe environment for all the drunken attendees. Dream must've seen at least six people slip on the dampened kitchen tiles since he arrived in this disaster of a kitchen, and it was less than appealing to sit back and watch - although, he must admit, it was somewhat amusing.