Chapter Ten: Lousiana

"Here me out," Dream sat up in Sapnap's gaming chair and spun around, his foot colliding with Sapnap, who was supposedly standing directly behind him the whole time, "We go to North Carolina."

The pair had been planning a trip for the past week or so, intent on going on their first ever vacation without supervision. It had taken some time to get their parents to agree, but eventually, after many lectures and safety lessons, they had agreed.

Now, they were sat in Sapnap's room, scrolling through popular vacation locations, trying to figure out what they could afford and where was going to be comfortable enough to fit their needs.

They had found several candidates, ranging from beach resorts to questionable road side motels, but Dream was sure they had yet to find the perfect place.

He was very picky when it came to vacationing, wanting the place he settled to be absolutely incredible, catering to his every need. If he was hungry, he wanted access to food almost immediately. If he was tired, he wanted to lie down in a comfy bed and sleep for hours.

Now that he was going somewhere alone with Sapnap, it had to be twice as perfect, and twice as memorable.

"I don't wanna go to North Carolina," Sapnap pressed a finger to his monitor, "What about New Orleans?"

"Louisiana?" Dream turned back around to click on the link, finding that it took him to a fairly big hotel on the outskirts of New Orleans, decorated in a very vintage, rustic fashion.

It was the type of place that would house a ghost hunt, but Dream assumed the majority of New Orleans was that way, if the things he had seen and heard were correct.

He scrolled through the list of accommodations, finding that they had free room service, breakfast, and a pool. It would be pleasurable, he was sure, and he was quick to click on the button that would send him to Groupon.

"Might as well," Sapnap said, his chest now pressed up against the back of the chair, his arms somehow coming to rest on Dream's shoulders, "I've always wanted to go and now is as good a time as any."

Dream hummed in agreement, swiping his cursor to the far left. From there, he pressed the book room button and relaxed back into his chair.

They had somehow come to come to an agreement, and now he was going to New Orleans, alone with Sapnap, in a room that only had one bed. But the whole one bed situation wasn't out of the ordinary, as they had been friends most of their lives, but it was certainly an added bonus.

"Plus," Sapnap came around the side of the chair so he could face Dream, putting his hands on Dream's shoulders and looking at him seductively, "New Orleans is very romantic."

Dream shuttered under the touch, trying his best to remain calm is such an uncomfortable moment, but there was a certain panic rising through him, causing his mouth to clamp shut, and his hands to fall slack in his lap.

Sapnap laughed and made himself comfortable on Dream's lap, curling up into a ball, obnoxiously settling in and pretending to sleep. Dream brought himself to chuckle as well, nervously wrapping his arms around Sapnap and rubbing circles into his back until Sapnap's fake snores turned to real ones, and they had both drifted off.

***

"Do you have everything?" Dream's mum was hesitant to hand over Dream's keys, which were the final step to getting them out of this town, "Gas money? Suitcases? Swim trunks? Remember you left your swim trunks last time?"

"Mom," Dream put his hand on top of his mom's, which was positioned on the window that Dream had rolled down, "Even if I forgot my swim trunks, I'd just buy new ones."