Chapter Twelve: Fortune Tellings

"For today's fake date, I've planned an exquisite adventure," Sapnap stepped out of the bathroom, his hair dripping wet after having showered. A puff of steam trailed after him, signifying that the shower he had taken was far from cold.

"Well if you're using big words like 'exquisite', I'm sure it will be," Dream joked as he folded his shirt and placed it in his suitcase.

It had been just over a week and Dream had decided it was almost time to check out and head home. It had been fun, sure, but Dream had never been away from his house for this long, and even though he had to prepare to live on his own, he admittedly missed his mother's embrace and his father's stupid dad jokes.

He had preached that moving out would be one of the best days ever since he had hit puberty and began to distance himself from his parents, but now that he was capable of living on his own, reality was frightening.

"It will be marvelous," Sapnap added, pulling a shirt on over his head, the fabric darkening as it became wet, "Spectacular. Fabulous."

"Fabulous didn't fit into that dialogue whatsoever," Dream teased, turning to make eye contact with Sapnap. He faltered as he saw Sapnap was pulling on underwear, still trying his best to keep himself semi-presentable by holding the towel over himself, "I hate the word fabulous."

"You shouldn't," Sapnap could be heard behind Dream, hopping around and trying to get his leg in the other hole of his boxers, "The gays are supposed to love that word."

"Yeah, well this gay doesn't," Dream remarked, quickly backtracking, "This guy. I'm not labeled yet."

"Yeah, okay," Sapnap came up from behind Dream and trailed a finger down his back. It was teasing and mocking, but Dream still find himself shivering under the gentle touch, "You'd still take dick, though."

"Oh my god," Dream sighed into his hands, also successfully hiding his blush, "That's disgusting. Leave."

"Fine," Sapnap surrendered, backing up with his hands held up in the air, "I'll go on our fake date on my own."

"Yeah, you do that," Dream flopped back down against the pillow, tucking himself snuggly into the comforter, "I'll stay here and take a nap."

Sapnap stared at Dream for a moment, eyes squinted and focused on Dream's stupidity. Dream was fake sleeping, but smiling - and trying not to laugh-, completely giving away that fact that he was indeed not trying to sleep.

His sole purpose was to annoy Sapnap, and he was easily achieving his goal.

A few moments passed where Sapnap walked around the room, packing last minute items he wouldn't be needing for the next few days, and checking in on Dream every so often to see if he was done playing his childish games.

It had been maybe fifteen minutes before Dream finally opened one of his eyes to look at Sapnap, to see what he was doing because curiosity ended up taking over. Sapnap quickly caught him clearly awake and rushed forward, set on pulling Dream out of bed.

"Let's go!" Sapnap exclaimed breathlessly as he pulled at Dream's arm, Dream struggling to keep his weight on the bed, "You don't even love me enough to let me take you on a date?"

At that, Dream gave in; but subtly, nevertheless. He had to pass it off as Sapnap winning their little game of tug-of-war and finally stood up, acting as though Sapnap had actually managed to pull him up.

In truth, they could've been there for hours, Dream never budging, but Dream wanted to go on that date, mainly because it was as close as they'd ever get to the real thing.

"Finally!" Sapnap placed a hand on Dream's back and pushed him forward, urging him to walk out the door.

Eventually, with a bit more teasing, Dream decided he'd let his playfulness rest for a moment, and headed out for the day.