Chapter 16

Searching through the basement, Mrs. Anderson came across the diaper bag she had used for both Jessica and Elizabeth when they were younger. It was white with pink stripes and had pictures of Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eeyore on it. Shaking the dust from it, she brought it upstairs to pack it for the car trip.

"I'm going to pack Jessie's diaper bag," she told the girls as she headed upstairs towards Jessie's room. "Make sure you're ready to leave by the time I'm done. I won't be more than ten minutes."

Jess giggled at the idea of needing a diaper bag everywhere she went. Though, she realized that a three-hour car trip in a wet diaper would be no fun at all, especially if she leaked, an experience which, fortunately, she had not had yet.

"Come on, baby girl," Elizabeth said, taking Jessie by the hand and leading her outside. "Let's go wait in the car with Daddy while Mommy packs up your diaper bag."

Jessie giggled again at the thought of her diaper bag and followed her sister outside. So wrapped up in what was going on, she hadn't had time to think about the fact that she was outside in a t-shirt that didn't even cover her belly button and a thick disposable diaper. She must have been a sight to behold.

"There's my baby girl. All ready for your big trip, pumpkin?" Mr. Anderson asked as he wrapped his arms around Jessie and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Yes, Daddy, I think so," Jess replied.

Elizabeth, excited at the prospect of having a new baby in the house, helped Jessica into the car and buckled her seat belt for her, then kissed her on the forehead.

"Jeez, Liz, I'm not a complete baby," she chided.

"I know, sis, but you're just so darned cute!"

Jessica just shook her head. Guess this is the price I pay, she thought to herself.

Just then, Mrs. Anderson came out to the car carrying Jess's newly stocked diaper bag. Placing it in the back seat between the two girls, she buckled her seat belt. "All ready!" she said excitedly. It was as if they were leaving for a family vacation.

"Are you all ready, Jessie?" Mr. Anderson asked.

"Yes, Daddy. I'm all set," Jessie said, smiling. With that, they embarked on the three-hour trip from their house to the Pampers facilities in Cincinnati.

"Oh, Jessie, baby," Mrs. Anderson interjected about twenty minutes into the trip, handing Jessie a stack of papers and a pen, "there's some preliminary paperwork you need to fill out before you get there."

"Can I look at the brochure again while Jessie's filling all that out?" Elizabeth asked suddenly.

"Thinking of entering next year, Liz?" her father asked teasingly.

"Yeah. I just thought, you know, if you and Mom didn't think one teenager in diapers was enough, that maybe I'd check it out," Liz spat back sarcastically.

"No need to wait, Lizzy," Mrs. Anderson retorted, "I packed enough diapers in Jess's bag so I wouldn't have to pack it again anytime soon. We can always pull over and get you out of those icky big girl panties of yours if you'd like. You just say the word."

"Thanks but no thanks, Mom. I'm quite content the way I am."

"Suit yourself, Elizabeth," Mrs. Anderson chuckled, "just remember the offer's on the table should you change your mind."

"Riiiiiiight... anyway, Jess, how's that paperwork coming?" Liz asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, it's not too bad. A lot of it's just rules and regulation type things that I have to sign and such. There was a diaper request form in there for my two-years free diapers so they can get me the right size, and there's some information on the different courses they're offering at the conference. I have to admit, I'm really glad you entered me, Liz. I wouldn't have had the guts to enter the contest myself."

"Well, then hopefully you can forgive me for entering you without you knowing, Jessie. I still feel really awful about that."

"Don't mention it, Liz. Besides, if it doesn't quite balance out, watching you change my diapers might take care of the remainder." Jess had to laugh out loud at the look on her sister's face.

"Speaking of changing diapers," Mrs. Anderson suddenly said, "do you need to be changed, Jess?"

"Yes, Mommy, this diaper is near soaked," Jessica said.

"Why didn't you say something? From now till the end of this trip, I'm just going to have Elizabeth check if I can't trust you to tell me when you need to be changed. Honey," she addressed her husband, "please stop at the next rest stop with a bathroom so I can change this baby."

"Sure thing, sweetie," Mr. Anderson laughed.

Pulling into the rest stop, Mr. Anderson let the ladies out near the bathrooms and then headed over to get some gas. "I'll meet you ladies back here," he said as Mrs. Anderson pulled the diaper bag out of the car, took Jessie by the hand, and led the way to the women's restroom.

Ignoring the curious stares of onlookers who saw a woman in her mid-forties carrying a diaper bag leading a diapered teenager by the hand, she got Jess into a spacious handicap stall in the women's room. Looking at Jess, Mrs. Anderson noticed just how wet her daughter's diaper was.

"Well, at least you'll be getting a two-year supply of quality diapers," she mock-scolded her daughter. "Seriously though, Jess, you need to pay closer attention to how full your diaper is, or we're going to have to check you more regularly. It's up to you. I'm sure your father doesn't want you leaking all over the car, and I'm sure you wouldn't find a leaky diaper very enjoyable. Now let's get you changed!"

Untaping the diaper, Mrs. Anderson took it out from underneath Jess's legs. She took a baby wipe from the container in Jess's diaper bag and wiped her bottom and vaginal area clean. Cupping some baby powder into her hands, she managed to powder Jess's diaper area before putting on her fresh diaper.

Having just enough room for Jess to lay down to have a fresh diaper put on her, Mrs. Anderson hoped she would not need to be changed again between now and their arrival at Pampers. Finishing the job, she handed Jess her shorts and let her out of the stall. "Elizabeth?" she called deviously, "come here, please."

"Yes, Mother?" Liz asked, peering into the stall Jessie had just emerged from.

"It's your turn," Mrs. Anderson said, holding a diaper out for Elizabeth to see.

"Of all the humiliating things you could possibly do, mother!" Elizabeth said as she stormed off. Mrs. Anderson laughed heartily.