I nod. "She has two hearts."

Mother laughs and pats my cheek. "The other heart is of a small Lycan. Don't you remember? Just like you could hear Lysar in my belly last year?"

I gasp. I remember.

"They will have a Lycan," I say while she nods with a smile. I sigh. "So many pups, mother. You don't play with me. Aunts don't play too."

She blinks. "Play with Anton. Oskar. Virion. Miggy will return from the lake and play with you. Ask Rosetta. She plays with all the pups in the street."

"She cheats to win. She glares and sneers at little pups."

She starts folding the clothes and smiles at my answer.

"Your brothers are going to the fields. Go with them, tomorrow."

I lay on the clean floor and look up at the dark ceiling. "Brother Robin starts playing with pups of his height. No little brothers go there. I feel alone. Brother Kingston hides away to meet—"

I bit my tongue.

"Amelia?" Mother asks while I look at her. She smiles slowly. "So, there is no one left for my Karam."

I shook my head, turning on my side and putting my head on my arm.

The loud cry comes from the room.

Mother laughs as I make a face.

"Looks like Lysar heard you. Go play with him."

"He pissed." I scrunch my nose as the smell lingers around.

Mother chuckles. "Every pup does." She gets up with me. "Come, I will wash him and then, we will sing and dance for him."

My heart jumps in joy. Lysar laughs whenever I dance and make faces at him. When he laughs, mother laughs too. When mother laughs, father looks less scary.

I cover my face and removes. "Bah!"

Lysar laughs. I wipe his tears.

Mother raises his feet and cleans him with a cloth. "I thought I'd be gone when he will arrive," she says.

I don't understand her. Lysar laughs more when I make another face.

"As if birthing him was nearly a ride to the Moon. So, I named him, Lysar. The distance to the Moon. But he kept me alive. Kept me here." Mother chuckles while swinging the crib. "How would I have survived if it weren't for you beautiful pups of mine?"

She stands up and takes the dirty cloths away. She will come back with a bucket and cloth to wash him.

Till then, I will have to not Lysar cry. I swing the crib slowly.

"Next time, I will have to be quicker while entering by the window. When I'll get bigger, too big to enter the windows, I'll use the doors." I tell him.

He laughs and curls his hand around my finger.

"But to grow that big, I'll have to wait. I hate the wait."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Misty."