ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

Start from the beginning

"But it's your favourite," the voice tries to tempt me. "Have you gone off (y/f/f)?"

"Maybe," I mutter and start picking at the wood on the edge of the table.

"Do you want me to fry up some fish, Princess (Y/n)?" 

My hand stills the moment my maid asks me this. "No, thank you."

"I think the youngest son of the Supreme Deity wouldn't like you sulking around like this," my maid pushes on as she picks up my full plate. "You always did like eating the fish he made. Are you sure you don't want me to bring you some?"

Abruptly, I noisily push my chair back and shakily stand up, my fingernails painfully digging into the wood of the table.

"Enough, Lenora," I snarl and finally look up to face my maid. "Enough."

"Enough of what?" she asks innocently in a quiet voice as I head over to the window and sit on the ledge.

"Enough of your badgering," I growl at her while crossing my legs and placing my hands on my knees. "That's the last thing I want or need right now."

"Want or need," Lenora repeats softly and from the corner of my eye, I can see her gorgeous blue eyes watching me carefully. "What do you want or need then, Princess (Y/n)?"

"For you to stop calling me by my official title," I snap and point a warning finger at her. "Why the hell are you being so formal today?"

"Because you're not acting like yourself today," Lenora snaps back before huffing loudly. "After your meeting with the Ten Commandments this morning, you've just been lazing around in your room doing nothing. It's pathetic."

"Well, there's nothing for me to do," I say through gritted teeth.

"Then you're not the (Y/n) I know. Get your ass out of this room, Your Majesty," Lenora says with a raised voice before storming out of my bedroom.

Sighing, I slowly drag myself off the wooden ledge and stand beside the table, my hand trailing across the surface before I grab hold of my dagger. I lift it near my face and turn it over so that I can see its pommel where the letter (y/f/i) is engraved.

I hate it when you frown, (Y/n), a beautiful voice from the past fills my head. So I'm gonna make sure I'll always be there to make you smile!

My seven hearts ache to hear that voice again but I try to push it out of my mind as I press my lips on the cool blade of the weapon that was gifted to me more than 3,000 years ago by the youngest son of the Supreme Deity.

My older sister and all of my friends, including my best friends, made it quite clear who they loved and who they would fight for till their last breath and in the end, they were either killed or cursed because of this. And I was the only one who wasn't because I was a coward who never openly took a side.

The eldest daughter of the Demon Queen was cursed along with her lover, the eldest son of the Supreme Deity, and because one of my best friends tried to help his older brother, he was cursed with them as well.

When my awful mother, the Demon Queen, found out that my older sister and I had befriended a Vampire, my other best friend, she wiped out the entire Vampire clan as if they were nothing but mere ants. 

And then my mother was forced to reside in Purgatory because of her overwhelming powers while I was sealed away with the rest of the Demon race in our realm.

The moment this happened, I swore to myself that I would avenge Gelda's death and make sure that I would free my other best friend. To do this, I need to become the next Demon Queen so that I can also create the peaceful world my best friends and I used to talk about all the time.