Flashbacks

I'm so sorry for not updating sooner! Here you guys go! : )

~ flashback ~

When I stepped out of the apartment and into the fresh air, I took in a long breath. The sun was beaming down onto my skin. I walked on the rocks and to the mailbox to grab the days mail.

I didn't expect any of the letters to be to me, I expected them all to be bills. So, when I got a letter addressed to my name, I do say I was surprised. I was even more surprised when the letter was from Annabeth.

We weren't friends anymore. I wasn't too excited to read what she had written. It was either going to be decent or a really bad note.

I grabbed the rest of the letters in the box, closing the lid behind me.

I was the only one at home so I could look at the letter as soon as I stepped inside.

I ripped the envelope open, pulling the white, folded, letter out. I could instantly tell that it was her handwriting, it was sort of refreshing to see the cursive. In my defense I hadn't seen in it in years.

The letter went a little like:

Dear Percy,

I know we haven't talked to each other in years. It's a odd feeling not to have you here by my side. It's been hard, but it's not like we left on the greatest note.

I'm sure your life is so much more different than when we left each other. I know mine is. Though, I do wish I had a ring on my finger by now.

What's happening in your life? What's new? What's different? Have any lovers? Have anymore ex-lovers? I want to hear how you've been!
Sincerely,
Annabeth

The letter wasn't as long as I had expected it to be, but it held meaning in it. I'd write her back later, I didn't know what I was going to say, I'd probably just say basic things about my life. Not going very much in depth.

I jumped a little in the air when I heard the doorbell ring, I placed the bills and my envelope in a stack on the table, my letter lying on the top. I ran to the door, a grin covering my when I opened the door, knowing exactly who it was.

"Why do you still ring the doorbell?" I asked with a chuckle. The God was standing in the doorway, his eyes instantly lighting up when he saw me. Apollo looked like he had a rough day, you could tell by the bags under his eyes. I'd ask more about it when he went inside.

"I'm not going to barge in." Apollo smiled, pulling me into a tight hug.

"You appear randomly, sometimes when I'm in the shower. I don't think you need to worry about barging in," I muttered into his chest.

"I'm gentlemanly."

"Did you just make up a word?" I snorted, shifting around so my chin was on his chest, I looked up into his bright blue eyes with a small smile.

"You need to get a dictionary out every once in a while," The blond God replied.

"I wouldn't be able to read it. I could be like one of those people and put it under my pillow at night, than have the words seep into my brain."

"Yes, because that's how Athena does it." I gave him a large grin.

"Come in." I didn't give the God much of a choice before, dragging him inside by his hand. "Want something to drink?"

"Would you be a dear and get me a water?" Apollo asked me with a innocent smile, I couldn't help but to smile at his ways.

I walked into our fairly clean kitchen, it was only messy because Estelle. She's like me when it comes to cleaning, we both get sidetracked and don't do it. Mom and Paul always say that's she cute when she does it, but when I don't clean it's not cute.